Books about Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I am soliciting recommendations for books about Cozumel. Are there any guides to marine life in the area or descriptions of Cozumel dive sites?

Failing that, are there any websites or youtube channels on the same, which go into detail and are easy to use and attractive?

"Cozumel Above the Sea" from Amazon is a most beautiful photo essay, of things that tourists almost never see. With an idex to each photo so one can search it out for themselves, it is a must have for anyone who loves Cozumel for more than just the diving.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

I recently offered the Reefs of Cozumel (Reefs of Cozumel - Reef Guide for Cozumel) as a free giveaway on ScubaBoard. This book was just released by Joel Cotton and is a great reference for Coz. I'm a fan of ebooks and I can carry this on my iPad everywhere.

Disclosure: Joel and his wife are clients of mine, they support me and I support them. Regardless, it's a great book...!

I have always liked reefs of Cozumel @ Reefs of Cozumel - Reef Guide for Cozumel They recently put out a book on Amazon that from the description should be pretty good.
Got to wondering and went ahead and downloaded the book from Amazon. The author Joel Cotton has done a very good job and I do recommend the book. In addition to the reef guide he has included a very nice fish ID section.

I can vouch for the suggestion "Cozumel Above the Sea" from Dave. It is a great book for anyone who loves Cozumel!!

This is the first book I bought.
Cozumel maps, cozumel diving, cozu
mel dive, diving cozumel, scuba diving cozumel

It reminded me of trail maps for skiing.
They also have one for the Cenotes.

This is the one I bought as well. The map thing is cool, and the other information about the island, the fish, and the coral is nice. The reefs are so massive and complex that thinking to study the topo maps and know where you are on one of these dives seems kind of crazy for someone who dives here once a year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom