Books - Retraining/Refresher

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, A little history - I was got my PADI card back in 1978. I know it's an antique and wish I still looked as good as my picture then. Started diving again in 08 after not diving for many yrs. Did 8 dives each time in the Caribbean while on vacation the last 2yrs. Total dives about 21 with the last 16 being open water. Know I was most likely lucky nothing happen. Looking for a book or 2 to bring me back up to speed and be safe. Going to Cozumel in Apr for a dive vacation - never drift dive before. Confortable in the water being a competive swimmer in college. Researching books but would like this boards recommendations. Thanks

sign yourself up for AOW. 5 nice training dives with an instructor will scrape the rust off nicely. the book has more than you need to know about drift diving, night diving, buoyancy and more.

:D

I'm kinda sorta in the same position as the OP. I like the idea of doing AOW. Is it possible to get the textbook off amazon to study in advance? If so, what the title, name of author, & edition?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom