Boots, boots, everything boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YoyoSponge

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So,
I'm looking around the market, and there's a lot of companies making boots/booties at comparable prices.
Anybody had really good/bad experiences with any particular brands/models?
Any 'ole reliables' out there that last forever?
Thanks

I had a terrible experience w. Pinnacle boots. They started coming apart after 5 dives. I kept putting Gorilla glue in every gap where the rubber sole was pulling away from the neoprene. After about 6 months my whole bootie was covered in dried Gorilla glue around the sole. Finally just threw them away a week ago. Otherwise, I had consistently good luck w. booties from other manufacturers.

Are you looking for wet booties or dry suit boots?

I like my Mares boots just fine. My Flexa DS provide the perfect amount of support, and are easy to get on and off. Good solid sole but not too thick that it's rigid.

Only drawback? I have to go up a size in fins to get over the slightly wider sole.

I've yet to find a pair of indestructible boots, but I've always had a good experience with Deep See boots.

I really like my Aqualung EchoZip boots. I have wide feet and they fit better than any others I've tried.

Edit: I do most of my dives off of sandy beaches or boats in warm water. I wouldn't use these for rough, rocky shores.

Tusa 5 mil. I finally wore through my first pair., It took 7 yrs. I recently bought a 2nd pair.

I had a terrible experience w. Pinnacle boots. They started coming apart after 5 dives. I kept putting Gorilla glue in every gap where the rubber sole was pulling away from the neoprene. After about 6 months my whole bootie was covered in dried Gorilla glue around the sole. Finally just threw them away a week ago. Otherwise, I had consistently good luck w. booties from other manufacturers.
Same problem, but used Aqua Seal, which helped....I wear a 14 and not many Co.'s make that size so I'm stuck....Have tried XSScuba, recently and they seem to be better.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom