Boston Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacksambellamy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have put together a good dive team of approx. 7 divers. We had planned to hit the Boston Harbor area last summer but our plans fell through when a Hurricane moved in
. This year we are getting an early start and are already booking dates to splash down. The crew consists of divers of all backgrounds--- cops, computer techs and some working the concrete jungle of NYC. Our skill levels vary but we are all focused on the same thing "Wreck Diving"

We will recover artifacts :)

I wish you best of luck, comrade.

Boston Harbor is one area where I have not spent much time.

But be careful, we're talking Taxachusetts here!

diversmarts:
I wish you best of luck, comrade.

Boston Harbor is one area where I have not spent much time.

But be careful, we're talking Taxachusetts here!

Have you made out well with your dives as far as artifacts go? Taxachusetts i know but screw them..

Believe me i do everything Legal an obey all laws (im a cop) But when it comes to this stuff the Legal way will get you screwed. Basically the lawmakers are saying "if i cant have it you cant have it". That's bullcrap. I got certified, i spent the cash, i did the research and i put my life on the line so you better believe i will take what is rightfully mine.

Go ahead call me a modern day Pirate caus im proud of it.

blacksambellamy:
Have you made out well with your dives as far as artifacts go? Taxachusetts i know but screw them..

Believe me i do everything Legal an obey all laws (im a cop) But when it comes to this stuff the Legal way will get you screwed. Basically the lawmakers are saying "if i cant have it you cant have it". That's bullcrap. I got certified, i spent the cash, i did the research and i put my life on the line so you better believe i will take what is rightfully mine.

Boston Harbor??
Just make sure you Decon yourselves after every dive :)

Paul in VT

It's not as bad as it once was. Deer Island, etc. has cleaned things up quite a bit and and I've experienced several dives w/ close to 20 foot viz in the Outer Harbor. we're not diving in the Charles River or anything.

LobstaMan

All the fish petters can stick to the Cayman waters us hard core divers will dive the N/E

blacksambellamy:

I've made out well with artifacts. Took me years, but it paid off. Cut some corners, you bet, but hey, like you, I did my research.

It's mine!

blacksambellamy:
All the fish petters can stick to the Cayman waters us hard core divers will dive the N/E

And the blackwater rivers of the S/E:crossbone

See you in prison. I hate the stupid laws, too, but they are very good at enforcing them. I was reading the other day where a ships bell was confiscated from a bar, and the owner charged with some violation of salvage law. We need to get some top-flight lawyers to get these laws overturned or at least modified to favor the diver. You're right, if you put in the book work, find the wreck, dive the wreck, and recover something, it should be yours. The way the laws are now, it's better to let treasure rot on the bottom than bring it up and deal with the courts. And if it's a Navel vessel, forget about it. The Navy wants ALL their junk back, doesn't matter who finds it.

Back
Top Bottom