Boston Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octotat:
Cuz the archeologist and other groups that live off "scholastic welfare" can't make the justification that the Doria is a historic site. The real reason most of these laws exist is because these welfare recipients way of life depends on them keeping items off limits to you and I so they can apply for grants to do dubious "archeology".

When will society learn that research and science doesn't benefit us. We need to stop giving researchers money. Give me one example of how scientists have done anything good for society. Who cares about the past anyway, I don't care what I pull of the bottom is as long as its neat and will look cool on my shelf. I don't care what a wreck is of, when it sank, who or what it carried or why it sank. Especially the old ones.

Mmmm sparkly, who cares what it is, shiney stuff is neato.

I checked out the wreckrobbers website. Way cool. I think the idea of taking humans remains is excellent. Do you think they will take bones from the Arizona too? You could build an organ like the one in the movie goonies!

blacksambellamy:
Im not getting involved with that. He lets us do what we want and i dont want to get anyone in trouble.

If you come to the Boston Harbor let me know, i love that place and i know is lots of wrecks down there waiting.

Is a great place to dive, most of the people here have the wrong idea of the Boston harbor being nasty, but let me tell you the outer harbor is as clean as Cape Ann, and since no many people want to explore this waters you will have a better chance to find stuff down there.

Let me know if you are around this area, i will be happy to take a swim and you may want to talk with a couple guys i know.

Take care.

Right now we have 2 dates to dive the outside harbor and the boat is filled. Im looking to get out more than that so i will keep you in mind.

AMurphy26:
Im from Salem, havent heard of many wrecks North of Boston that have anything of value left to them. I mainly dive for lobsters on Cape Ann but would like to get into wreck diving.
Do you expect to hear about wrecks before they've been picked over by the wreck divers who find them?

How are they going to find out if you found something?.. lets say you find a big treasure chest, bring it up and everone you dove(sp?) with keeps it on the down low.. how will anyone find out?... Best of luck with the dive / finding something.

When my buddy was alive we use to dive the harbor once every year. He use to live in haverhill and had his own boat. we found many a nice items in boston and around salem waters. i loved it. We dove it back in the early 90s. You just never know what your going to find when you jump in there. Also we use to dive gloster harbor (spelling) . There was a wreck there and i cant remember the name. I used to pull the heavy copper rods out of the wooden beams that held it together. still have a couple to this day..

Ive never been bothered by the law in the northeast but have not dove there since 98. the only place Ive ever been bothered by law is south carolina and florida. south carolina requires a fossil license..
Finder

here is a picture or the copper rod from wreck out of gloucester harbor mass. this one is going on ebay today :D
finder
copperspike3gw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom