• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Bought a Seasoft dry suit and it leaks big time

Discussion in 'Seasoft Scuba' started by SBDeadly, Feb 7, 2017.

1. W W Meixner

W W Meixner Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Bruce...respectfully...

What your shop thinks it may be doing...and what it appears to be actually doing seem to be in conflict...

Further...this forum was never intended to resolve retailer/purchaser complaints...

Your customer is crying out because ''you'' obviously let him slip through the cracks...your customer complaint responses...using this forum as a platform is completely unprofessional...and in the process you're losing more prospective customers than you're gaining...

Quit the BS...replace the suit...it was obviously defective from new...why should your valued customer have to settle for a new suit with an obvious ineffective repair......

Further...no dry zipper should have to be loaded up with grease in order to seal properly...

Certainly sounds to me that there are some serious ''systems'' failures at your facility...

Warren...

Jonny Wishbone likes this.
  2. RainPilot

RainPilot completey delusional scientology snowflake Staff Member

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    While generally true of SB as a whole, the Manufacturer QA forums under which this is, were and are meant for exactly this, direct communication with a manufacturer.

On the original topic, IF I as a customer believed I had spent $3000 plus on a drysuit that I BELIEVED was faulty through manufacturer error, no $200 free goods offer would EVER convince me to take ANYTHING from that company again. I understand what you are trying to do @Bruce Justinen but I seriously doubt that it will help the OP in any way or change the mind of anyone who may be dissuaded from one of your suits by this thread.

Oh, the OP username is @SBDeadly not "Angel Fish", that is a title allocate based on the number of posts a user has.

3. W W Meixner

RB...

My note was intended as a subtle hint to Bruce...to do the right thing through the right channels...

Every time he he puts words to print on this thread...he not only embarrasses himself...his company...and his staff...he puts another nail in his coffin...

I think he may have gotten the idea...as he has gone silent...as to whether he has done the right thing...we''ll have to see if the OP responds in a positive manner...I have my doubts...

If this was your customer...would you be airing your ''dirty laundry on this forum...

I'd have replaced the suit long before customer frustration led to open forum complaints...I've heard more than enough from this guy to not touch his products with a barge pole...

Warren...

4. kelemvor

kelemvor Big Fleshy Monster ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I think since he let the thread go for nearly two years, the window of opportunity for him to make this right is long gone. Complete lack of response to things like this can be very bad for a business, but a trivial effort years later is not very good either. I have to believe the OP at this point has either replaced the seasoft suit with another brand or given up drysuits.

5. W W Meixner

Kel...

You're right...

Costly for the OP...having to select an alternative...

Falling on ones sword...for the manufacturer...

Some of today's scuba industry operators are trying so hard to stay viable...while a few seem to be trying so hard to fail...

Warren

6. Peter Slater

Peter Slater Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99
  7. W W Meixner

JackConnick likes this.
  8. lexvil

lexvil Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I’m intrigued by Seasoft dry suits and the self donning, I am a big fan of neoprene for dry suits and the 5mil compressed looks like it would be great, try as I may I haven’t found any other complaints of their suits, the OP has disappeared. It unfortunate about the lead fine, this sort of shot recovery thing happens to many.