Closed Box of old bodies and regs

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Nothing special, see pictures. a bunch of vintage metal bodies and regs for parts.
metal.jpg
. Plus a few plastic bodies to fill a medium USPS shipping box. Make an offer. flat rate shipping is 16.25.

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 78
  • metal1.jpg
    metal1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82
These regulators might not be any gems, but $1.50 each (respectfully) + shipping?
There is work involved in sending those items, too.

The usage value may not be that great but the work involved in sending them deserves a fair compensation. I am not talking about huge amounts of money here but there has to be a compensation both for work and for the metal. Your deal is your deal; that is fine. I am just practising free speech here.

These regulators might not be any gems, but $1.50 each (respectfully) + shipping?
There is work involved in sending those items, too.

The usage value may not be that great but the work involved in sending them deserves a fair compensation. I am not talking about huge amounts of money here but there has to be a compensation both for work and for the metal. Your deal is your deal; that is fine. I am just practising free speech here.
Well, I made the gentleman an offer... he's under no obligation to accept it. Many of us do this stuff because we like the old regs, and or use them as a platform to tinker on. Not because we are made of money. And for what it's worth... I could've bought a new reg set with the shipping fees I've covered sending people parts and such on my own dime (because I had the ability to help them out.)

Respectfully,

James

$30 for the Reg bits is a lot
$14 for the Reg bits, minus work.

You also pay for shipment ($16) and for packaging and work (minimum wages $7.25/hr).
You need to add shipping and work to the value of the gear unless you fetch it personally.

Well, I made the gentleman an offer... he's under no obligation to accept it. Many of us do this stuff because we like the old regs, and or use them as a platform to tinker on. Not because we are made of money.
That is fine of course. I understand.
And for what it's worth... I could've bought a new reg set with the shipping fees I've covered sending people parts and such on my own dime (because I had the ability to help them out.)
I do respect that.

Buying stuff you don't need for nothing out of a sense of charity

There's a guy currently looking for conshelf exhaust Ts

Have a good look they will have seat crown things in them made of metal
that fit the regulators of today where many are made of disgraceful plastic

I raise you my box double of nothing

024.JPG

Yeah mine is coming with me no room for others helping me part with it
In a big container in the dead of night with an outboard on the back of it

with me on top, back to the uncharted depths of the ocean a mini Scapa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back