Boynton Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnVranesevich

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings:

Has anyone else ever dove off of Boynton Beach?

I have 4 dives there now, and it's AMAZING. The reefs are incredible. My first time down, I saw a massive 5' logger head, a good 6' nurse shark, a half dozen morrays, and of course thousands of fish, corals, and huge barrel sponges. Visibility has always been great as well (40+ feet), and the last time I was down there water temp was still 82 degrees at 60'.

Best part of all, the boatride out is only about 10mins, and you're only about 1 mile away from shore.

I've found that "Shark Reef" is my favorite. It's also supposed to be a great place to lobster, but that's not my thing, so I can't provide any first hand accounts of that.

Boat fees are around $50 last time I went, for a 2 tank dive. The group that I've always used is called "Dive Charters International". A VERY impressive and professional group. Can't speak highly enough about them. http://www.deeper-dci.com/

It's only about 2hrs 45 mins from Orlando for those of us around here. (Everyone else will have to mapquest, heh).

If anyone's interested in heading down, I'd be happy to buddy up. I'm planning on getting down there a couple of times this month.

_Kurt_ once bubbled...
are the average depths?

60 ft on the inside of the reef and 80 on the outside.

Shark Reef is great, as are Delray Ledges and Boynton Ledges.

DCI is, and has been for several years, my dive op of choice for South Florida.

I dove Boynton Beach in Aug '02 and loved it. My sister-in-law lives in Wellington, so the drive from there was not bad. Captain Leo and his divemaster were great.

In June '03, I decided to try a little closer, so I went from WPB with Coral Island Charters. I loved the diving and the operation. I can't say that I would chose one over the other.

Captain Hook, why do you prefere WPB over Boynton Beach?

I normally go to WPB, simply because it is closer to Orlando.

That being said, the Deeper fleet is a nice operation.

Capt. Craig and the Starfish is what I normally use out of WPB. Occasionally I'll go out with Abernathy.

Peter

I am in West Palm and if you guys are ever down here either solo or buddied up let me know and I will jump in with you. Boyton is nice and yes there are some good lobster areas there. Right off the Breakers is the best. But then again, anytime I am not working and find myself in the water, it is the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom