BP for a tall guy with long torso

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mellowwee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking into switching over to a BPW. I have tried a couple on, and they are very small on me. At 6'3" with long torso, and wide. Looking online I see no options for longer and wider wings. I have never been a fan of "one size fits all" because it usually doesn't fit me. Any suggestions?

See if you can find a Deep Sea Supply TALL BP... The company looks like it's closed down for good, but the plates are still circulating in the used markets.

As for a freedom plate, I'm 6'5" and I got mine a few weeks ago... I still haven't had it underwater, but hopefully I will soon.

Yeah, try and find a DSS long or x-long (likely the x-long may be too long though), or if diving single tank is your only plan, get on Eric's list. Sucks there are so few choices....

I'm 6'-7", so know what you are talking about. It was pure bliss to get my DSS plate years back. Could not believe the difference. I just got Eric's FP, so haven't had water time with it yet.

Good luck!

I think the x-long is probably going to be much too long. I'm 6'3" with a long torso and the long fits me perfectly. Finding one is going to be difficult. I also have a long pattern freedom plate from Eric and it's amazing for single tank diving. Not cheap, but well worth it

I’m 6’4” and I designed the large FP to fit guys my size with flexibility a few inches either way. It’s a contoured shape so probably a little more height specific than a straight doubles plate.
I’ll be ordering more large units soon, so hang in there.

well I'm 6'4" and 250lbs use standard length plates and my tanks rest on my arse so there

but not thickness

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom