Bp/W pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went out to those camping stores and get some nice pockets which could I can carry my surface marker and slate with. Came home and cut two hole on the bottom of the pockets so the water can drain. Attach them to the waist strap.

Check the price of those slate pockets of DiveRites and etc., my DIY saves me alot. More importantly, I enjoy DIY!!!!!!

Just something to share.

wscdive:
You can glue the pockets on a wetsuit, all mine have them.

I understood you are referring to pockets made of neoprene materials. How do you GLUE them onto your wet suit?

wunat:
I understood you are referring to pockets made of neoprene materials. How do you GLUE them onto your wet suit?

Necessary Tools: chalk, small brush, small roller
Recommended Adhesive: (McNett) Aquaseal Seal Cement (www.mcnett.com)

1. Don suit and hold pocket in desired location.
2. Use chalk to outline the desired location for pocket.
3. Remove suit and place on a hard flat surface.
4. Apply first coat of Seal Cement around outer one-inch strip on both the suit and the pocket.
5. Allow the adhesive to get tacky for about ten minutes and then apply a second coat.
6. Allow the adhesive to dry until tacky, for about ten minutes, and then apply a third coat.
7. Again allow the adhesive to dry until tacky, about ten minutes.
8. Place the pocket on the suit in the exact location desired. (Make sure it’s correct since it will not move easily at this point)
9. Use the roller to roll the pocket on the suit.
10. Allow drying for at least 24 hours before diving.

I've been using the OMS No-Sag pockets for awhile now, and for me; (river, lake & ocean diving) they work fine.
Each pocket has 3 compartments:
1 - Velcro release bottom/with pulls, for weight. zipper top.
2 - Zipper top, big enough for a low profile spare mask.
3 - Outer bellowed velcro release pocket for EMT shears or something similar.
I also have the custom leg pockets on my drysuit, but for me it is easier to use the OMS pockets.
A Good dive shop will let you try out equipment in the pool before you buy, so that you can see what works best for you.

oversea:
My problem with that setup is that I am still diving wet.
I don't see why that would be a problem. I'm seriously considering putting pockets on my wetsuit legs too. Aquaseal works very well on neoprene, and if you add some Cotol accelerator it's even stronger and faster.

Last night I bought a Dive Rite weight pocket that seemed to work for me. It fits my safety sausage and backup light.

MSilvia:
I don't see why that would be a problem. I'm seriously considering putting pockets on my wetsuit legs too. Aquaseal works very well on neoprene, and if you add some Cotol accelerator it's even stronger and faster.

Where can I buy Cotol? Is it really stronger or just faster? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom