Breakfast place open @ 7am?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Casa Mexicana still have the buffet that starts at 7? Pre Covid, anyone could eat there, just pay at the front desk - my son and I dined on omelettes and bacon many days!!!!

Does Casa Mexicana still have the buffet that starts at 7? Pre Covid, anyone could eat there, just pay at the front desk - my son and I dined on omelettes and bacon many days!!!!
They do. A good-sized line will form right before 7, so someone trying to catch a 7:30 boat would probably need to get there a bit early to avoid the line. That said, the line moved pretty quickly and it wasn't a problem for us to eat and walk to 3P's shop by 7:45 or so.

Cozumel Coffee Roasting is still opening at 6:30am and had my breakfast skillet ready 12 minutes after I sat down. Peanut butter coffee still rocks.

Thanks, I just decided I'm having peanut butter coffee there tomorrow morning. I had a cup last year and loved it so much I returned home and bought some peanut butter coffee k-cups and it's good but doesn't measure up to CCR.

Having stayed at CM 3 or 4 times, plus sister hotel Bahia, I'm in the minority not so impressed with their buffet. When it's included in the room rate it's a great amenity (since CM is priced competively on it's own) but I'd never pay the $12-15 USD if not. I don't know the exact price. It used to be a tad over $10 in 2020 so I assume it's gone up noticeably as has everything else.

Having stayed at CM 3 or 4 times, plus sister hotel Bahia, I'm in the minority not so impressed with their buffet. When it's included in the room rate it's a great amenity (since CM is priced competively on it's own) but I'd never pay the $12-15 USD if not. I don't know the exact price. It used to be a tad over $10 in 2020 so I assume it's gone up noticeably as has everything else.

It's hard to really screw up a breakfast buffet when the client (me) just wants omlettes, bacon and OJ jajajajajaja. I don't remember what we paid back then as locals, I don't remember much more than 100 pesos.

You want a breakfast buffet for a king, go to Atlantis in Nassau - fit for a king and priced for like three of them OMG!!

We have been eating breakfast at a place on 10, next to Antonio's haircut across from the church sort of - not for diving days as I don't think they open that early - more of like a local breakfast and the bread is awesome.

It's hard to really screw up a breakfast buffet when the client (me) just wants omlettes, bacon and OJ jajajajajaja. I don't remember what we paid back then as locals, I don't remember much more than 100 pesos.

Yes, made to order omelets are excellent and consistent. Some of the other dishes can be hit or miss, warm or cold. They need to quit trying to pass off hot dogs as a substitute for sausage links. Their buffet line is short and always moves slow. I don't remember "real" OJ just powdered colored waters. 100 pesos would be about right but for most it is much more than that.

Imo, breakfast is the most overpriced meal. I can have a full dinner for $5 at many places like Otates, Pique, etc. but breakfast seems to run higher unless it's just bread. When I was growing up, breakfast buffets were everywhere, with a vast array of items, and cheap. It's hard to find a good and reasonable breakfast buffer in the states these days. Places like Golden Corral have some good breakfast items on their buffet but they typically don't open until 11am or later. And they are up to $20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom