Bright Weights, The worlds most advanced ballast system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We price competitively if we manage to cut out he middle man and distribute directly to the dive shops. We like to help the dive shops and schools so we don't sell directly to the public and don't plan to in the future.

Funny, that sounds like the definition of having a middleman. But I'm glad the company puts that position out there so clearly, because I see it as another great reason not to buy your products...I prefer to support companies that like to help their customers.

The dive shop is the middle man

Not from my point of view. My end users are the scuba shops. The middle man for me is the guys importing Bright Weights and supplying it to the scuba shops and schools.

---------- Post added June 5th, 2014 at 10:43 AM ----------

Funny, that sounds like the definition of having a middleman. But I'm glad the company puts that position out there so clearly, because I see it as another great reason not to buy your products...I prefer to support companies that like to help their customers.

It's not all about YOU and what YOU want. Everybody need to make a living and so does the scuba shops. What if there were no shops to got to! you would have to order every thing from the manufacturer, and I bet the costs would escalade because now it s your responsibility to pay for postage and I bet the US does not manufacture all the equipment You use.

Not from my point of view. My end users are the scuba shops. The middle man for me is the guys importing Bright Weights and supplying it to the scuba shops and schools.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the dive shops were reselling your weights for a profit rather than using them.

It's not all about YOU and what YOU want. Everybody need to make a living and so does the scuba shops. What if there were no shops to got to! you would have to order every thing from the manufacturer, and I bet the costs would escalade because now it s your responsibility to pay for postage and I bet the US does not manufacture all the equipment You use.

Right, because I'm not paying for postage to the dive shop (plus a ton of other overhead) when I buy locally. It is all about me and what I want -- because it's my money. For the dive shops, I expect it to be all about them because it's their business...oftentimes, though, we find plenty of common ground where what's good for them is good for me. Though if there were no shops, my only real problem would be that I'd have to buy a compressor and booster sooner than I would otherwise. After the CCR and DPV, what's another few grand?

For manufacturer, it can either be about end users, or, it can be about their dealer network and :censored: the end users, that's the dealers' problem. Absent a truly remarkable piece of kit--something your product is rather clearly not--I'll always choose to buy from those manufacturers who focus on the former of those two approaches. Strangely enough, those manufacturers tend to have the better prices, better service/support, and don't perform the marketing equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot here on SB.

Oh, and their websites tend to work :wink:

Just had a quick look at the website, the parts that are working and a youtube video.

Other than the colours, I don't think it is much different an offering than any other combination of weight belt and add on pockets.

Only advantage might be for instructors - easy addition of weight to a student's weight belt.
But the student should be properly weighted in the pool before the open water dives to begin with.

Just a member of the public....no dive shop or school.

Back
Top Bottom