Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brinyte is not in scuba diving industry for a long time and they will in outdoor and tactical lights; I hope they really understand the requirements for scuba diving products, specially on material side like ANO lights. I have been working in scuba industry for many years; the details always come with time-pased. Stainless Steel can not be rusted? This is definitely a negative answer and NBR O-Rings are really good for deep dive? Can one U2 really emit 1000 lumen light? If yes, what is the working current and how to make it constant discharging? Does anyone has the foggy issue on the lens with high output lights and what is the solution?

As an engineer, I understand this light is a little bit exaggerated on the output, just like ANO CL6000 canister light, the actuall output is 4800-5000 lumen because an U2 gets about 980 lumen with 3A output, plus the lumen loosing from reflector and lens, the lumen of light from a lumen tester is always reading even lower than the theoretical caculation. Also, the output is high and it will be difficult to make it constant discharging, specially with 3x26650 batteries.

Another point is better to let Brinyte to provide the matched batteries instead of buying the cells from market. The registered name of King Kong battery in China is Masscore, their focus is 26650 cells.

Brinyte is not in scuba diving industry for a long time and they will in outdoor and tactical lights; I hope they really understand the requirements for scuba diving products, specially on material side like ANO lights. I have been working in scuba industry for many years; the details always come with time-pased. Stainless Steel can not be rusted? This is definitely a negative answer and NBR O-Rings are really good for deep dive? Can one U2 really emit 1000 lumen light? If yes, what is the working current and how to make it constant discharging? Does anyone has the foggy issue on the lens with high output lights and what is the solution?

As an engineer, I understand this light is a little bit exaggerated on the output, just like ANO CL6000 canister light, the actuall output is 4800-5000 lumen because an U2 gets about 980 lumen with 3A output, plus the lumen loosing from reflector and lens, the lumen of light from a lumen tester is always reading even lower than the theoretical caculation. Also, the output is high and it will be difficult to make it constant discharging, specially with 3x26650 batteries.

Another point is better to let Brinyte to provide the matched batteries instead of buying the cells from market. The registered name of King Kong battery in China is Masscore, their focus is 26650 cells.

Yes, the lumens are exaggerated as they are for nearly every other light on the market. Of course it's not 3000 lumen OTF, but it's still damn bright.
All of the issues you mention are not specific to this light or even this brand. It has no fogging issues so far, and the o-rings hold to 100ft without issue. As with nearly every light out there, output does fall as the light is used.

Ok I lost it here. We should just ask brinyte for batteries? They are not a battery manufacturer. What makes you think they will provide the best cells?

I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
The only thing I can figure is you want to try and sound like you know what you're talking about while absolutely proving the opposite. Either that or disparage a product you know nothing about and have never used. Given you are a brand new account with three total posts, and we have recently had an influx of chinese distributors trying to pimp their lights here I'm going to go ahead and call shenanigans. Either contribute to the conversation or stop posting meaningless drivel in the form of conjecture.

Update.. had my light with me for a dive weekend.. still good and strong! Took it with me to around 35meters deep.. got a new reflector today im doing testing with now.. have disassembled the front of the head. 3 orings there + thread lock!! Pain in the ass to get loose tho :p So it's solid! Inside it is very nice machined with lots of heat lube aswell! Will post update on results of the new reflector later. Here are a few pics. :)

180cb4f154697edc2ff1d763f5f3584f.jpg
b94b6cfeabb418d65356f4ba5053ff47.jpg
136ad1f8b00b148678bece4d929eebc8.jpg
e338e63cdf04933797b07d8bd97901dc.jpg
b367c9f859382a1e44938432e02bdb54.jpg
e804042a7dd49fddafb996bea5ba7d00.jpg

got mine 2 weeks ago, cable glands look bad and not properly fitted. I haven't test it underwater yet. Where can I get good quality cable glands to replace them?

Cool! No pillbox. I've seen them on ebay (I think I posted a link earlier), but maybe somewhere like McMaster carr has them. Keep in mind there are two sizes.

The lights got about 15 cave dives now! I added a bike handle grip to make it more comfortable to hold.

Any update on cable gland and reflector mod?
Well, tryed some different reflector/mods but was no good... but i think that's the led's itself.. not the reflector. They just aren't made for a tight beem.

Anyways i ended up buring the driver, lol so now it's just all in pieces [emoji57]
Have to make some tool to open up the inside of the canister lid (where the driver is)

I just got mine today. Can't wait to get it wet!!

What are the best batteries for it?? What about a charger that will charge 4 batteries?

Anyone put a soft handle on the light?
----------------------------------------
I think this is a good conbinations with combo I have ever seem. Coming with trustfire 3 slots charger and 3pcs 26650 charger.
You can see the trustfire charger review here You can charger 3pcs 26650 in one time.
And the battery review here. Maybe this can helps

In don't see a way to order online on the Brinyte website. How did you execute the purchase?

P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom