Brrrr! Chilly dive today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seakdivers

Reaction score
Hi all!

We went for a nice brisk dive today. It's about 10 degrees out, and quite windy, so we were slightly chilled before getting in the water. Thankfully the water maintains a year-round temperature of about 45-50 degrees! I think I also warmed up a bit while struggling to get all of my gear on - I haven't quite mastered that yet.
We dove at depths that were anywhere from just below the surface down to maybe 40 feet. I was really nervous about encountering one of the pods of sea lions that have shown up for the herring season. They are all over the place, and some of the males are up to 2000 lbs!! Yikes!
Thank goodness we didn't see any. We found a whole bunch of really cool old bottles, old dishes and a GUN!! We also tried to take some pictures (yet another thing we haven't quite gotten the knack of yet).

Anyway, we dove for 49 minutes, and when we came out, the water on our drysuits froze, and we were covered in ice!
It was a really beautiful dive though - I just thought I would share it with you all.:frosty:

.......YOU'RE NUTS! :D

The local pond here is still in the 50's and that's too cold for me!

I'm glad you had a great dive....:wink:

I would really love to see pictures of that dive, both above and below water. :)

warmer air temps here today but our water temps were colder---36 degrees F. Glad you had a good time.

Depth Gauge - I hope our underwater pics turn out - we've had some sketchy results lately. I didn't happen to snap any out of the water ones - once that wind hit us and we were literally frozen, all we wanted to do was jump in the car and go!

**sidenote - does anyone know what saltwater does to leather seats?**

Anyhoo - if any of our underwater ones turn out, I will scan them and post.

Dee- Nuts is probably the kindest term you could use to describe me! :viking: It must be the Norwegian blood.

I understand!!!!! You guys must have looked like a "I need a Carribean vacation!" commercial. If they come out I'd love to see them.

Thanks,

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom