Bryan Pennington - Vintage Double Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am very sorry to hear of Bryan’s untimely passing I am shocked to see this. I would also like to say sorry to many of you that I am aware have became very close friends with him over the years in our vintage community.

It goes without saying all that Bryan has done for all of us in the vintage community. I am extremely thankful for Bryan’s contribution and “time” involved with our hobby . I feel that he is deserving of some kind of mark or honor.

I know many of my regulators would not be pumping air still if not for the development of the new parts through his and others efforts back in the 2000’s to now when the wheels started turning

so sorry was a great guy , i never elt direct with him but i heard he was a class act

I didn't know Bryan personally, but between what he's done for the community and the couple of email interactions I had, all I can say that he was one of the most influential people I never met. I've never been this lost for words about someone I never met in person... he will be missed.

Respectfully,

James

Bryan was providing a very valuable service to the DIY and vintage diving community. Can't believe he is gone just like that. Condolences to his family.

It is unfortunate that VDH was a one man show with no contingency plans in place. Is there absolutely no one who can take over? Is this the end of the line for the Kraken?

Just curious who all here is planning to attend Bryan's memorial dive at White Star Quarry, Ohio, on August 26th in conjunction with the annual Scuba Heritage Day event?

Just curious who all here is planning to attend Bryan's memorial dive at White Star Quarry, Ohio, on August 26th in conjunction with the annual Scuba Heritage Day event?
I'm thinking about driving up to attend. Where can I find information on the SCUBA Heritage Day event?

I'm thinking about driving up to attend. Where can I find information on the SCUBA Heritage Day event?

Not exactly sure. Rob at The Scuba Museum is the one who invited me. I will PM you his email and you can ask him directly. You may be able to post here whatever you find out. M

There is not much here, but I hope this helps.
Thanks for the link Luis, I hadn't thought to look there. I sent an email to Rob at the SCUBA museum and got this reply:

The real reason to come is for the swapping of gear and telling tall tales with the vintage crowd
That is the only reason we do this event normally
This year we are honoring Bryan and I am making a shirt for the event as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom