BS this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were at the north beach from 9 a.m. today. We didn't see any rescue traning at the central beach. Were you there? We met with some OW divers from the central beach in UW though. rakkis taught OW and a rescue class at the north beach side today. We could find out that rakkis is a good instructor.
It was a typical training day at BS.

We left about 4:30 p.m.

My DS was leaking. :(

"leaking" he says. i thought you were gonna call it a semi dry from now on? :D

hoosier:
We were at the north beach from 9 a.m. today. We didn't see any rescue traning at the central beach. Were you there? We met with some OW divers from the central beach in UW though. rakkis taught OW and a rescue class at the north beach side today. We could find out that rakkis is a good instructor.
It was a typical training day at BS.

We left about 4:30 p.m.

My DS was leaking. :(

Yup, I was on the NW side. The side with the "cave." I'm not sure what beach that's officially called. I've always called it the North beach and the one you guys were on the Central beach. LOL

I thought I saw your vehicle over there, but I was so engrossed in rescue class I had no hope of getting over there. By the time we were done you guys were gone. I can't believe you didn't see me. Heck, we only had about 30-40 people over on our side! :wink:

Anyway, my checkouts are complete! We did them last night at Just Add Water and today at BS. I've now officially completed Rescue Diver!

Yay Rescue divers! Congratulations!

so what was all the commotion on the other side? I looked over a couple times and there were like 12 people in a circle in the water and another 10 or so on the dock looking on.

I got there at 8:30a and it was already getting full, Fred and I thought it would be best to move to the central beach.

My single rescue student, dms and me didn't leave until about 7pm. How late were you guys there? :eek:

rakkis:
Yay Rescue divers! Congratulations!

so what was all the commotion on the other side? I looked over a couple times and there were like 12 people in a circle in the water and another 10 or so on the dock looking on.

I got there at 8:30a and it was already getting full, Fred and I thought it would be best to move to the central beach.

My single rescue student, dms and me didn't leave until about 7pm. How late were you guys there? :eek:

I'm pretty sure that was a large group of OW students, primarily deaf high school age kids, and their parents looking on.

You guys stayed longer then I thought. You must have been right at the bottom of the road then and not at the "end". I saw WTs car over there and he had left already by the time we were done. I got home at 6:30, so I must have left around 6:00, maybe a little before.

Good luck to Lisa on finishing your checkouts tomorrow!

Yes.. There were a lot of divers on the central beach so that we couldn't catch you. We went straight to the central beach in the morning, but it has already occupied by other group that looked us very suspiciously. LOL~~ It is more than welcome if those high school kids and parents reserved the place.

Yup... Lisa had a private class. I envy her.......

moonlight:
what was the temp this weekend?

I was doing rescue scenarios and was only diving with a digital bottom timer that doesn't record temp. From the time or two I looked at the temp, I think around 68-70 at the surface, mid-50s at 20' and mid-40s at depth.

The bottom temp is all year around, 41~44 degree. You might need only to check the surface temp...

Divin'Hoosier:
Anyway, my checkouts are complete! We did them last night at Just Add Water and today at BS. I've now officially completed Rescue Diver!

Congratulations! :) I'm looking forward to starting my rescue class soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom