BSAC training recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katsea

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering taking a BSAC sports diver course. Can anyone recommend some BSAC training centre in Thailand, or some other places in southeast asia?
I've tried to search online. But I've found very little info.

Many thanx:D

Big Blue next door to DJL also offer the BSAC courses although I think they may focus more on SSI. However, IMHO they are one of the best DC's on Koh Tao and you're sure to have a great time both in and out of the water.

http://www.bigbluediving.com/

I would have mentioned Big Blue, but I was under the impression that they only offered BSAC courses at tech and pro level? I could be wrong.

What is your reason for selecting BSAC?
Excellent idea if you want to join a UK based BSAC club and do most of your diving there, but if that is the case I would recommend you do the training in the waters you are going to dive.
In my experience many BSAC clubs prefer to have divers that are trained within their own club rather than those that do the courses at a resort as you are suggesting.
If you are not proposing to do most of your diving in the future within the BSAC organisation, which is basically UK based I would recommend you seriously think about your reasons for this choice.

LK has a point here. I get very little take-up on BSAC courses. When UK club members have come to me to finish off courses they started within their club, they got sniped at on the BSAC forum when they wrote up their trip report! All they wanted to do was finish off their course in warm water on vacation!

Many thanks for all your reply.
In fact, my original intention is just to improve my diving techniques. I can be comfortable underwater. But still, there're times that I think I should be able to do this better. That's why I'm looking for some further education in diving. And my friend has told me about BSAC. It sounds that BSAC is a good institute. That's why I'm thinking of taking the course.
If you have any suggestions, I'm very happy to hear:D

BSAC is an excellent system to learn to dive, but most of the training and diving is centred around hundreds of small BSAC clubs which are nearly all UK based, most training is done within your particular club, by other club members, a lot of clubs have their own boats, trips are organised by the club for its members, some trips may be based around training, some trips may be organised to suit only experienced divers, some may be to overseas destinations. Each club has its own requirements based on its particular members.
As I said earlier if you wish to join such a club and dive regularly in the UK, BSAC is by far your best option. Also I would recommend doing your training within your selected club so you will learn as you dive and learn about your club and be involved with the other members, rather than simply paying to do a course. If you find a good club it will be great fun. I personally dived with a BSAC branch for many years before moving to Thailand and thorougly enjoyed it. Had many excelent trips diving over the years, also a good social aspect to the club.
If you do not wish to become involved with such a set up and simply want to do a course and then dive on a ad hoc basis. PADI training in my mind is far more suitable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom