• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Bucket list dive spots?

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by MoistNeoprene, Jun 12, 2019.

1. jball

jball Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    If you're into muck diving, Aniloa, Philippines, should be on your list. We loved it because of the ability to enjoy muck or "aquarium reef" diving on the same day:

Kimela likes this.
  2. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

Now that's much closer to my style. :)

Kimela likes this.
  3. jaseUK666

jaseUK666 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    North Carolina is on my bucket list after seeing a presentation years ago at the London dive show. They kept plugging the U-352 and couldn't understand why we weren't particularly interested. We've got rather a lot of U-boats.

My list is:
    Truk
    Coron (again)
    Maldives (again)
    Bikini
    Mexican cenotes
    Cocos
    Galapagos
    PNG
    Solomons
    Myanmar

Wingy likes this.
  4. Sbiriguda

Sbiriguda Manta Ray

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    May I ask about Papua New Guinea, Solomons and especially Myanmar? I really have no idea about the diving spots of these countries

5. Scuba Lawyer

Scuba Lawyer Barracuda

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Great video! Temple of Doom is one of my favorite cave dives. The names of the passages are awe-inspiring: swim through the pure white Madonna passage, past the Pillars of Hercules, into the Jumanji River, up to the Hall of Giants, see Fang, then either left up to the Old Florida Room or right into a labyrinth of tiny passages that would make the most experienced no-mount cave diver cringe. I've done that dive at least 10 times and would do it again in a heartbeat. :)

6. Wingy

Wingy Solo Diver

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    @Sbiriguda - PNG - Milne bay is the birthplace of muck diving and has one of my favourite reefs in the world (deacons reef), other PNG dive resorts would be Madang, Kimbe, Walindi Plantation off the top of my head plus Febrina LOB - look at itinerary that include eastern fields etc.

Solomons - Uepi is my pick.

Due to the strategic position during the war the diving is wreck rich and due to its remoteness and "cultural issues" free of hoards....You could almost see raja Ampat crowded, Komodo over crowded by comparison.

Re Myanmar - no idea sorry. A decade ago I was on a boat that snuck into Burmese waters and while the diving wasn't that spectacular where we were, surfacing to find the Burmese navy asking you to explain your behaviour whilst waving guns around was pretty exciting....bribery is a wonderful thing.

Sbiriguda likes this.
  7. jaseUK666

jaseUK666 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Richelieu Rock is one of the prime dive spots in Myanmar. My friend reckoned there were so many fish, she could barely see the reef.

Sbiriguda likes this.
  8. formernuke

formernuke Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Red sea and visit the pyramids while in the area.

bshort4 likes this.
  9. bshort4

bshort4 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    20191001_085834.jpg Just finished that trip---be sure to ride a camel while at the Pyramids (photo ops are endless)--its more fun than you think lol.

Scuba Lawyer likes this.
  10. Scuba Lawyer

Scuba Lawyer Barracuda

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞

Ha! Here is me in 1993 at Giza. When I showed the photo to my then girlfriend, now wife, (and I think she was pissed I didn't take her on the trip) her only remark was, "Wow, I've never seen a camel with two A-Holes on it before." :)

VZ033G.jpg