Buford Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was a sign ever placed at the site ? Perhaps one should be put at the beginning of the trail as well.
I was wondering this as well. It has been a bit since I last dived at Buford.

There is a sign at the sign in station and another at the trail head spelling out the dangers of diving there. It is also spelled out clearly in the diving pass you must fill out prior to getting a dive permit.
Nobody diving there is unaware of the risks, they might just choose to overlook the risks for some reason.

It just makes me wonder why no grim reaper sign in the cavern were the overhead and depth increases. I realize this will not deter everyone however I’ve watched people at paradise springs respect the sign at 100ft and not go in the little tunnel.

Honestly I don’t know, but I am going to push for that, even if I have to be the one to place it. I’ve reached out, but I will be in cave country next week and will reach out to people.

If you end up arranging a sign placement plan I’d happily assist in any way. Be it making the weight bucket or placing the sign with you.

My contact is going to bring it up to the NSS-CDS board. My guess it will also require FWC permission, since we are beyond the ”Hope they don’t notice, and when they do beg forgiveness” phase.

My contact is going to bring it up to the NSS-CDS board. My guess it will also require FWC permission, since we are beyond the ”Hope they don’t notice, and when they do beg forgiveness” phase

I imagine after the fatalities there won't be any opposition.

I imagine after the fatalities there won't be any opposition.

I would hope so… but we are dealing with the government…

It's very a vary unfortunate event, but I'm a little tired of getting news feed articles about the "Two Cave Divers On An Expedition". Can the reporters not at least consult and expert?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom