Bugs in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarada

Contributor
Reaction score
Should we prepare for bugs in Fiji? The last time we were at Beqa I remember large hornets in our room, but no mosquitos or sand fleas. We are headed for Wananavu in two weeks. Any problems?

Like you, we're preparing for our upcoming trip. In our research we have read that mosquitos are definitely a problem :idk:

There was a mosquito net over the bed in my bure on kadavu island. I asked if it was really necessary and was strongly encouraged to use it. The warning was so forceful that I used the mosquito net and lit a mosquito coil every night. I also applied bug repellant every few hours.

Wananavu is not too bad! It is on the side of a hill and has a nice breeze that keeps bugs to a minimum! I would still use a light application for evenings, but it is dryer on the North side of the island and not a lot of swamps to draw on! You will love it! The Manager and his family are great! Say high for me! Pictures here: http://twotankedproductions.com/wananavubeachresort.html

820__MG_0418_Cynthia_having_Kava_at_Wananavu_08.jpg

Once upon a time I went to a dive resort. There were no bugs. Once upon a time I went back to that resort and the bugs were horrible. You never know in the tropics. It's always possible. Take bug spray and be prepared.

We went to Beqa Lagoon Resort in Fiji and there were bugs but not too bad. I would definitely take bug spray with you.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom