Built a gear shed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mff18b

Registered
Reaction score
I looked at the locker Wayward Son built and decided that I liked his plan so I took his pictures and built myself one just like it. Works great and many thanks to Wayward Son for the idea. So for those of you that liked his locker.........I have drawn up a set of plans with dimensions and also attached a list of parts and pieces for the build. This whole thing cost me $122. And the only thing that was left was 2 strips of pegboard and some screws. If the attatched pics and diagram do not show up well then IM me and I will send them to your e-mail address if interested.

Cut List:

(2) 2ft x 4ft (3/4 in Particle board)
(3) 2ft x 6ft 4 1/2 in (3/4 in Particle board)
(3) 2ft x 19in (3/4 Particle board)
Pegboard needs to be cut to fit, once shell is completed.

Parts needed:

(2) 3/4 in Particle board 4' x 8'
(1) 3/16 in Pegboard 4' x 8'
(1) 1/8 in Pegboard 4' x 8'
(5) Poplar board 1in x 2in x 8'
(6) 2 1/2 in Castor Wheels
(6) 2in Hinges
(1) 3/4 in Pipe w/cap 4'
(1) 3/4 in Pipe cut to 26 1/2 in
(24) 5/16 Carriage Bolts w/nuts 1in
(2) 3/4 in Pipe Clamps
(1) 3 1/2 in Safety Hasp
(2) White door handles
Box 1 5/8 Drywayy screws
Box 1/2 in screws

Enjoy and I hope this helps.....Thanks...Jerry

Forgot to add the inside Pic.....sorry......Jerry

FWIW, I have 2 divers & mine is stuffed full. I also have more tanks than I can get in the right side. It holds 6 there.

The particle board is a good idea. Next time I'm at Home Depot I'm going to compare prices with ply, I may just use it when I make the next one.

I would've made this one bigger, but i didn't have a spot where anything larger would fit in my garage.

fairbanksdiver:
Why the pipe on top?

-Brandon.

The pipe is my idea. It's not fixed, the clamps are loose enough so it can be pulled out to one side. This allows me to hang suits from it to drip dry over a large rubbermaid tub. Once dry, they get moved to the left inside compartment.

I figure this should make the floor last years longer by not continually soaking it with water.

Wayward Son:
The pipe is my idea. It's not fixed, the clamps are loose enough so it can be pulled out to one side. This allows me to hang suits from it to drip dry over a large rubbermaid tub. Once dry, they get moved to the left inside compartment.

I figure this should make the floor last years longer by not continually soaking it with water.

Oh, I get it now, thanks for clarifying!

-Brandon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom