Bull SHARK, Up Close - My Heart's still pounding!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son:
I'm not a fan of just giving them my fish. They learn that divers mean easy meals, and can become increasingly aggressive about getting it. I'd rather use my gun to knock them in the nose & get them to leave me alone, if possible, than simply hand over a stringer & condition him to free food.
I agree with not giving up the fish, not just for the lessons of easy meal to the shark but basicaly because I REALLY like eating what I get. But in my case that is a lot easier said than done.
One grouper in the stringer and two bulls arguing about eating that grouper sushy or sashimi style. I just don't have what it takes to suggest those 2 bulls, that grilled grouper at my house is a lot better idea.

Yep, sometimes we lose the argument :wink:

FWIW, at least in the PC area, our problems are mostly bulls, and they want the fish. The times they have gotten them, they show no further interest in just the diver. No gaurantees that this will always be true, especially with other species, but that is what our experiences here have been.

A lot of folks carry powerheads for the just in case situation. I don't have one, yet, but I will. I'd rather not have to use it, but I also don't want to find myself in a situation where I need it and don't have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom