Bull Shoals 6/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OSUcowboyinSPFD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I haven't seen anyone give an update on conditions at Bull Shoals. I dove there on Saturday and it was an enjoyable day. The weather was beautiful, and the lake was not very busy at all. I was spearfishing, but the fish were safe on Saturday with me around. The visibility has definitely suffered from all the rain. However, around point 11 the vis was 10-15'. The algea is as bad as I can recall, but it is definitely capable of diving. Go with low expectations and I think you will be happily surprised.

The pool is exceptionally high. I don't expect it will get back to normal levels until late summer/early fall. Still, the areas around Oakland were proving to be pretty good fishing and spearing grounds. With all the timber underwater, it is making for some interesting fishing.

I may try Dewey Short on the 3rd. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom