Bummer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Once again we need to start the training period from scratch. We lost another team member and will lose another one in a few months. Having one opening already puts the hurts on us. I hate to see them go but I respect their wishes.:depressed:

It's personal needs. They lose $80 a month plus the OT from training and callouts. A fairly large percentage of our department have been on the team over the years but for one reason or another they choose different paths. I just hate losing them but respect their choices.

Gary,
do you have any volunteers on your team up there? or is it Required to be a Deputy?
Bonneville county requires you to be one of their deputies, but here in Bingham our sheriff actually pulled the deputies off our dive team so it is a totally volunteer team. We have only one member that is law enforcement, who acts as Liason between sheriff office and search and rescue. I am not sure legalities of how it works, so I cant answer alot of those questions... I just show up, shut up, and hang on the end of the rope lol

I just show up, shut up, and hang on the end of the rope lol

You just caused me to wizzzz my britches.:rofl3:

We are all full time deputies with one token fireman.:eyebrow:

Oh, the poor bastard, I wounder how he puts up with all the "short hose" jokes. :D

Oh, the poor bastard, I wounder how he puts up with all the "short hose" jokes. :D

Trust me, there are plenty of them and he is a very good sport about it.

Back
Top Bottom