Bungee Cords Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
As you may have seen, I started a thread about the bolt snap sizes to use... Well... I also plan to buy the bungee cords for my octopus, compass, timer, and any other stuff...
What sizes do you guys use for them?
I guess I'll go with the 1/8" for the octopus, to wrap it around my neck.... or any other suggestion?
What about the one for the compass, and anything else I might use them?
Since I can't find them in my country, I'm buying them in the internet, so I can see them before, I don't even know how thick they are, so please give me some recommendations....
Thanks!
Orlando

If you just want to get one size, 1/8" works pretty well for everything. I would not go larger than that for wrist applications, or most other stuff. I personally like 3/16 for the second stage necklace, as its a little easier to keep from getting twisted while putting it on.

Get alot, 1/8" bungee is habit forming :D

MD

The 1/8" is pretty small for the necklace, but is usefull for other applications. You might get the 3/16" instead for the necklace and compass and get some 1/8" for other stuff like loops for holding your lights to your harness or holding your inflator hose close to the harness, etc.

The Pirate :pirate:

Diver0001 once bubbled...
Look where you would buy mountain climbing gear. R..

Or a marine supply or boating supply store.

The Pirate :pirate:

Look where you would buy mountain climbing gear.

That would be nice, but trust me, We don't have that kind of stores. I used to rock climb, and all the stuff I bought came from REI, or directly from the supplier. Right now, we have a nice dive center which I'm starting to work for, since I'm finishing my DiveCon certification (SSI) and Naui and Padi Divemaster. But we only carry Rec gear, and I'm one of the few in the tech side, so...
get the picture....

BTW, where I live is in the Dominican Republic, in the middle of the Caribbean, we share the island with Haiti, maybe you know something about us. We have water everywhere, and all of our dives (Just for the moment!) are in the ocean... but trust me, we have pretty nice caves. The people from dive-rite came and they wrote a nice article about us... you can see it at:
Dominican Republic: A New Frontier

Well... enough from my country.... Thanks for all the responses....

Instead of bungee, you can use surgical tubing in a pinch. Stay away from the latex, it falls apart from UV exposure & sunlight.
Tubing can be attached under the mouthpiece zip tie, something you should think about not doing with a bungee. Bungee cord (especially if knotted) has been known to strip the mouthpiece off the reg if it gets a nasty pull.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom