Bungee types - again ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... then how is it supposed to support the tension from one of the tanks when it breaks? ...
You can move it intentionally. You have to apply a lot more force than the weight of 'half a tank valve' pulling on it.

... I wouldn't want to discourage that passion....
In lecturing mode now?

Tell me: which bungee failure can you test or simulate in overhead environments you could not simulate in a pool?

Floating loops are attached to the webbing at the front in some way.
The best way I found was a 3-4mm Bungee 'D-ring' on the webbing below the shoulder D-ring.

If that was the best way you found, then perhaps you'll accept some encouragement to listen. As others have 'found' far superior ways...

If your 'test' of loop bungee was based on this solution, then it was flawed. What you describe is incorrect, too weak and sounds improperly positioned.

What you fail to appreciate is that reading some stuff on the internet, then experimenting for a handful of dives provides you with neither the surety or experience to properly assess something.

You mentioned Steve Martin before. He formerly used continuous bungee. Now he advocates sliding loop. Did you watch his YouTube explaining why?

Tell me: which bungee failure can you test or simulate in overhead environments you could not simulate in a pool?

Take a real Advanced Sidemount course (not Tec Sidemount) and see for yourself.

If you can't appreciate what's being explained... and won't take anything on trust... then you really need to get out and do the diving that'd allow you to understand the issues.

...You mentioned Steve Martin before. He formerly used continuous bungee. Now he advocates sliding loop. Did you watch his YouTube explaining why?
I actually 'invented' the loops Steve Martin is using and described in his now disappeaered first Stealth video about a year and a half before his video. :wink:
Perhaps he copied me :p

I described exactly the loop-setup Steve Martin is still recommending, as far as I know.

Perhaps you've become accustomed to certain negative attitudes and feel the need for an overly defensive posture because of that?
That's not it. For years Razor posted 'questions' on German boards and no answer was ever good enough. He is not actually asking anythink, he just want's to discuss the Razor.
His MO is: The razor is pefect, all people that disagree just don't understand and everybody is out to get him.
He doesn't want hear what people have to say. Well, unless your name is Steve or HP.

@razor
Andy has been an instructor since before you started diving, has more dives in SM than you, tried more systems than you etc. so he is more experienced than you in every way, right?... and you still think you know better?
If you feel lectured by him you should thank him for the free lesson, dude.

I remember he published on YouTube, and I think his website (?) why he felt it was superior...
He released it first on his facebook page and removed it when he cleaned up his videos last time.
'loop bungees are the way to go' it was called.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom