Buoyancy needs of a Videographer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do I want to be vertical instead of horizontal? The closer you hold the camera to your body the more stable the shot. In a vertical position I can hold the camera against my chest and hold my breath and the shot looks like I used a tripod. Shots taken in horizontal position are stable if they are 5 second shots. After that its shaky footage that has to be edited and thrown out.

The other position that I shot from is swimming on my side. This is very useful if I am chasing a moving object like grouper of something. Instead of following the fish for an *** shot, I like to move beside it and roll on my side and shoot it from the side while swimming side by side. Do back inflation BCs allow you to hold that position for long? I would imagine that the air being behind you they would wanna roll you back on your chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom