Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Son, that's a horse collar BC, it was once the lastest and greatest. Still has good has it was. It almost never needed to be fully inflated. May have been oral and CO2 inflated only no, auto inflate. That's a good catch there Capt'n!

I used one of those for years... Doesn't seem that long ago...

So, it predates what Jacques Cousteau was using ?!?
Not at all. lol although JC did introduce compensaters eventually. And sea quest, USd did develop an early horse collar. I think that is what we are looking at.

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 11:25 PM ----------

I used one of those for years... Doesn't seem that long ago...
Yeah. Went back to the pic. When I did my AOW in '79 or 80' , I borrowed my cousins bc. I did not have one. Think that was it, but it was orange.

It's hard to eat just one:

robosock171.jpg

So, it predates what Jacques Cousteau was using ?!?

No, early days there were no BC's a diver weighed himself for the depth he'd be diving and used his lungs to maintain neutral buoyancy. That's the captian's point. It is a Buoyancy Compensator not a buoyancy competency,as the captain posted if they had buoyancy competency they wouldn't need the vest.

Nice collection Dale! All working?

No, early days there were no BC's a diver weighed himself for the depth he'd be diving and used his lungs to maintain neutral buoyancy. That's the captian's point. It is a Buoyancy Compensator not a buoyancy competency,as the captain posted if they had buoyancy competency they wouldn't need the vest.

?

I did my open water in 1973. No bc. We used 2200 psi steel 72's. They had a very gentle buoyancy swing. Frank Hammet was my instructor. See below and you will know from whom I borrowed my sig line.
:)
The South Florida Dive Journal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom