Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone who needs a BC deserves to drown" was a popular adage

Ha ... and now you have some DIR group talking up about skill while those who dove with "Anyone who needs a BC deserves to drown" mentality probably smile and wave...

The boys and I went diving a couple of weeks ago. The water temperature was 55 to 60 degrees. We stayed shallow and froze our tookuses off but had a good time. I have to go back in for surgery on May 31 and will have to heal for six weeks before I can do any more diving. I'll be able to dive, maybe, from mid July to mid August, then I have a final surgery that needs to be done to finish up. Eight weeks after that, I'll be back to normal, hopefully.

We're planning a trip to Florida in November to dive some of the springs and, maybe, Crystal and Rainbow Rivers.

Once all the surgeries and medical procedures are done, my lawyer will move forward on my claim against the woman who caused all this.

Thanks for your concern, AD.

UPDATE

My boys and I went diving at Circleville Twin Quarries this past weekend. Took some Cheez Whiz and had some fun feeding the fish.

I had surgery yesterday and the doctor says I should be able to get back in the water in three or four weeks. My next (and, hopefully, last) surgery should be done the first week of August. Recovery from that one will be eight weeks. I intend to get in some diving in July, then I hope to make a trip to Florida in November to dive Ginnie Springs with my sons.

UPDATE

My boys and I went diving at Circleville Twin Quarries this past weekend. Took some Cheez Whiz and had some fun feeding the fish.

I had surgery yesterday and the doctor says I should be able to get back in the water in three or four weeks. My next (and, hopefully, last) surgery should be done the first week of August. Recovery from that one will be eight weeks. I intend to get in some diving in July, then I hope to make a trip to Florida in November to dive Ginnie Springs with my sons.

Good to hear that your recovery is going well. Nice you can dive in between and so soon after the surgeries! FL in Nov. if you get the chance go dive with the manatees, if you haven't already. Great experience. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom