Burning My Last Vacations, want to dive locally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guppie

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have two and half weeks left from now to end of year. Would like to start taking some days off and just wondering if anybody is doing anytype of local diving. I live in West Michigan but would travel to TC if need be. I know it's cold and no I don't have a drysuit. Not looking for anything super deep or fancy dive, just something to test my new equipment and get some bottom time.

Maybe that's a good time to get drysuit certified.

Thanks.

I can't really afford to take a last minute jump to Mexico. All the deals I've pulled up are $600+

I If you want im around this weekend and could go locally...Im in Grand Rapids, and Dive Dry, so im up for most any lakes. Baptist lake is a good Place to get wet....it has a few sunken boats, a platform and a lead that goes to 65 feet to qualify as a deep dive. Im somewhat familiar with the lake and have all my own equipment (except my DIY Flag which is in the making now) I am around most of the weekend except Saturday from about 2pm-6pm (Michigan vs State Game) Let me know when you are looking to go. I have some weekdays off, but my schedule is eratic. I might be able to get some more people to go as well if it is a weekend. Let me know when you are thinking

Cool. I'll be at the MSU/MI game on Saturday. :) I have the Iceman mountain bike race on the 10th, then racing season is formally over. 12 races, now time to chill. The 17th I have MSU/Penn State and 18th I have Detroit Lions. Yes, this is a very rare occurence of football. Not sure how it worked out that way.

Depending on your schedule, I can definitly do a weekday. My schedule is rather flexible. I have Monday the 12 off for Veterans Day. :) Weekends after the 18 are wide open. From the 18th to end of the year, I think I work maybe 10 days.

I do dive wet and haven't purchased a suit yet. Still trying out ones I like and dislike. Also trying to figure out sizing. No biggie to borrowing a 7mm FJ for the day.

I have new equipment that arrived yesterday, BC should arrive today or tomorrow. I just read the manually on my new computer. I love how I ordered new equipment the same day I ordered new snowboard stuff. Definitly buying the wrong time of the year.

Just give me a two day notice and I'm in. :) I live in Hudsonville, work in Holland.

I dove Lake 16 for my AOW. I talked with Mike at American Dive Zone and he did recommend Baptist Lake. Mike seemed like a cool guy.

well after reading your post id gather your a State fan, so I can have no part in being your dive buddy.....j/k.........I'll make sure and rub it in when they get pounded this weekend :)

I work every other weekend, off this weekend. I dont really have much plans to dive after this weekend until the ice forms. I will not be around for diving from nov 15th-30th as all open time will be spent shooting bambi and its family members. If you want to do some ice diving (shore dives under the ice) let me know.....

Mike is a great guy, and his shop is phenominal. I have met Mike and several of his instructors, but have yet to dive with any of them specifically, just at their lake cleanup/picnic. I have not dove lake 16, however Baptist lake is one of the cleanest lakes I have dove in, in Michigan. Water temps have surely dropped on inland lakes, and a 7mm should be ok as long as you arent doing extended dives.

I have 10 vacation days that need to be used before the end of this month. I'm still ready to get wet. I'm in Big Rapids, which is approx 15 miles from Baptist Lake. I'm also up for Lake 16 or Traverse City area. Try to give me a few days notice if you want to hook up.

Keep me informed about some of your dive outings, I still prefer warm water and have a trip planned in April to Hawaii. I have dove a number of the inland lakes, but not Baptist, I don't have a drysuit.
by the way.....GO BLUE, I've been to two games so far this year, Penn. St. and Minn., I hope we don't beat State by too much, I want Henni and Hart reserved for OhioSt.!

Go Green. :)

Baptist Lake should be good. :) I need to buy a 7mm. If anybody can take a weekday off the week of the 12th let me know. I think we should still be able to dive wet then.

I REALLY need to get DS Certified.

Go Green. :)

Baptist Lake should be good. :) I need to buy a 7mm. If anybody can take a weekday off the week of the 12th let me know. I think we should still be able to dive wet then.

I REALLY need to get DS Certified.

And by then (the week of the 12th) the Spartans will have been defeated :D again:mooner:

I'm wishing you still make a bowl game though :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom