Busselton Jetty, Western Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foxtrot16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Busselton Jetty located in Busselton, Western Australia is the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere at 1.8 km in length; however, it is only about 10 - 12m deep at the end.

The Jetty was a world famous dive site but in recent years it underwent a full rebuild and unfortunately a lot of the old growth was destroyed and a lot of the animal life left. It has been finished for a while now and the growth and animal life is slowly returning and I recently had a chance to dive it so here are a few images.

All taken with the Olympus OMD EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with the Macro 65 Port, Olympus 12 - 50mm lens, twin S&S YS 110A strobes and for macro a +3 M67 wet lens was used.

Comments welcome.

Karl

A Batfish

Busselton+Jetty-1.jpg

Old growth Tolestoro Coral

Busselton+Jetty-3.jpg

A juvenile Dhufish

Busselton+Jetty-4.jpg

A Western Australian Chromodoris (50mm & +3 macro wet lens)

Busselton+Jetty-9.jpg

A Leather Jacket

Busselton+Jetty-17.jpg

Often with wide angle shots, setting the camera for correct exposure of the water column works well. Then the strobe lights the foreground and the background is already correct in the camera. This would have allowed your second shot (of coral) to have the blue water background correctly exposed and a lighter, perhaps more interesting blue.
Just a thought...pitch or use it as you see fit.
In the last shot, I think I would crop the object on the right out. Or get the fish to turn further away from other objects next time. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom