Buy pesos at airport ATMs?

Pay for shared shuttle with pesos or USD?

• Pesos

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • USD

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not at Mega and Chedraui! Always pay with USD there.
Today Mega's exchange rate was 18.94:1 and the official rate (I use Oanda) was 19.90, about a 5% convenience charge. Stiff but better than Wells Fargo
One point better, yeah. 5% at Mega, 6% for Pesos delivered by WF, before additional delivery fees. I don't know what I'd get from WF at the corner bank ATM as I'm not there, much better than either of those, but whatever - that does seem to prove BRT wrong about his claim.

Maybe in Cozumel but I was referring to Playa.
What has that to do with this discussion? We're in a Cozumel forum discussing Cozumel experiences. I have enjoyed some ruins exploration on the mainland and some cenote diving over there, and sometimes I have to catch a ferry over there when flights to Cozumel fail me, but mostly I avoid PDC and the rest of the extended Cancun culture.
Use US dollars, and don't forget to tip. Most of the supermarkets may give you a better exchange rate if you shop with them. Adios!

One point better, yeah. 5% at Mega, 6% for Pesos delivered by WF, before additional delivery fees. I don't know what I'd get from WF at the corner bank ATM as I'm not there, much better than either of those, but whatever - that does seem to prove BRT wrong about his claim.

What has that to do with this discussion? We're in a Cozumel forum discussing Cozumel experiences. I have enjoyed some ruins exploration on the mainland and some cenote diving over there, and sometimes I have to catch a ferry over there when flights to Cozumel fail me, but mostly I avoid PDC and the rest of the extended Cancun culture.
You're on vacation and are squabbling over a few pesos. Report me!

You're on vacation and are squabbling over a few pesos.
If that's your revised stand, fine. I don't know if you've ever been to Cozumel, but for those who do want to spend economically - it's best to withdraw Peso from a bank ATM for expenses charged in Pesos, the initial subject here. For you folks that don't care, your opinion does not fit this thread.

Marry
If that's your revised stand, fine. I don't know if you've ever been to Cozumel, but for those who do want to spend economically - it's best to withdraw Peso from a bank ATM for expenses charged in Pesos, the initial subject here. For you folks that don't care, your opinion does not fit this thread.
Marry a rich woman when she comes of the cruise ships.

FWIW, I learned today that Scotiabank and Bank of America have some special relationship that results in fee waivers for BoA customers at Scotiabank ATMs in Mexico.

Bank of America Financial Centers and ATMs
This is my routine…Before leaving the country I open a B of A debit account, deposit what travel funds I will need in Mexico, then make peso withdrawals at Scotia ATM’s. I close my B of A account after returning home, thus avoiding the $4.50 monthly maintenance fee.

It also has to do with which bank you use in Mexico.

The dollar in mexico - Current exchange rate of Dollar in Mexico
If accurate, some of those are giving crappy rates.
This is my routine…Before leaving the country I open a B of A debit account, deposit what travel funds I will need in Mexico, then make peso withdrawals at Scotia ATM’s. I close my B of A account after returning home, thus avoiding the $4.50 monthly maintenance fee.
That site says SCOTIABANK is only giving $18.20...?

Or open a Schwab checking account with no minimum, no fees, refunded ATM fees and full exchange rate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom