buying a bc part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jj_freelord

Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on building up on equipment. So far I've got the wetsuit and the booties, the mask and snorkle, at one point fins (long story) but I still have flippers just in case. Researching on the regulator. So the bc for now. I've come across the Triple L Aquarius. Light weight, the price is pretty nice and it's certainly big on function. I travel (on ittibitty airplanes) a lot. What do you guys think?

BackPlate with WIngs !!!!!

am sure most of the PPD would suggest... most of the PPDs are getting into the BackPlate/Wings (BP/W) set up.

read on the DIVE-O-RAMA thread above and look at the pics.

edit didnt notice there was another thread. my bad :D

Hi JJ,

since you travel a lot, I've heard the aquarius is a great BC to get.

Also great for travel is the Aegis Reef Rider (I was thinking about getting this one cause it's backinflated, light, minimum huggage around the body, and I like how it looks!):
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ReefRider
But it's for men so I don't know how much of a difference that will make for females. Trying doing a search about this in the BC, Compensators, Buoyancy Devices Forum.

I currently use a BP/W - great overall but it's cumbersome for travel since the back plate makes it heavy.

Here's an article which might help you out:
http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/buoyancy_compensators/traveling_light/0/

Hope you find what you're looking for!

jj_freelord:
Thanks, Paolo, Chip. I'll check out the Reef Rider. I don't think it'll matter that much that it's for men.

do try the bp/wing before finalizing your purchase...just try :D

Jon, how much would a bp/w weigh? If it goes into an airplane weight will be a huge factor. Of course, if I had the money, I probably would like to have one for diving in the country or in locations really nearby.

Back
Top Bottom