buying a bc part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thepurplehammerhead:
And when you've bought your BP/W or your BCD, you'll need a regulator. They look like this....

Ladies and gents, I give you (metaphorically speaking) my newest and oldest toy. To be test-dived in Puerto Galera next January...:D

Cheers all,

wow! I like. Also like the carpet in your living room. Do the curtains match? :)

thepurplehammerhead:
And when you've bought your BP/W or your BCD, you'll need a regulator. They look like this....

Ladies and gents, I give you (metaphorically speaking) my newest and oldest toy. To be test-dived in Puerto Galera next January...:D

Cheers all,

no *****! that is one fine piece :D

Can't claim the carpet - good design though...

Seriously, this is one of 6 old regs I've picked up off ebay. The idea is to put together 2 full working rigs for next year when a friend of mine celebrates his 40th. A retro dive with all regs, SPGs and depth guages at least 40 years old - cool hey?

I'll see if I can upload any more pics...

Here you go...

more to come...

thepurplehammerhead:
Here you go...

more to come...
WOW... cool! but ummmmm......... where does the bungee go?

Jag

@jj: try on a range of BCs... especially as a noob diver you want to get used to the whole diving thing first and then spend the big bucks on gear... besides, most jacket types cost as much as or even more expensive than a simple bp/w setup... unless gusto mo branded like halcyon or OMS, in w/c case it's a bit more money pero not much more

jj_freelord:
Thanks, Paolo, Chip. I'll check out the Reef Rider. I don't think it'll matter that much that it's for men.

actually, after thinking about it, ya you're right. Just looking at the design and how it wraps around the diver I don't think it would matter much for the reef rider if it was mens or not.

I've been diving with rental gear and it's never mattered much to me what they are as long as they've been properly maintained and I can find all the important buttons, straps, etc. And a plus if I can trust my buddy not to do anything I'd have to scrape him off the bottom of the sea for.

Pros and cons for the jacket and bp/w, ladies and gents. I'm not much for aesthetics. Streamline, price, performance, weight (especially weight which is probably why I'm leaning towards the Aquarius, Reef Rider, etc.) In other words--function is more important to me. More info means a better picture before the decision to dive in >_<

Cool regs.

jacket - squeezes your body when you inflate, you need a separate weight belt, you can feel tank moving from side to side, trim not so good

bp/wing - no squeeze at all, lesser weights, better trim

hmmmm....pao & the guys have already posted the pros and cons. i'll see if i can find the thread

Back
Top Bottom