Buying a compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Junior and Junior II are well built, very nice and simple 3 stg pumps. Maintenance is designed for execution in third world countries, with a bucket of rusty tools if needs must. However, metric is mandatory. The block and cylinders are aluminum. Unlike the pressure lubed Capitano, the 2nd and 3rd stage cylinders of the Junior are at right angles to the block.The right angled cylinders allow oil to better infiltrate the cylinders and pistons. The first stage receives lube from the crank and from a blowby tube feeding mist into the head.. The filter is the over-strong P21 which weighs lord knows how much but includes relief and BP valves. There is an interstage condenser to clear substantial moisture before air goes to the third and final stage. However, I would like to see this with a bit more capacity. Bauer claims 100 lpm but I believe this is exaggerated. That is the crux of your question, what is the output. Dunno, but I'm estimating 3.2 cfm. Maybe we'll hear from some owners. It would be nice if any statements would include details of the test procedure or anything, really, which would allow us to interpret performance.

I have two Kidde compressors. I have been using the 3.5. I have a 4 that I am setting up.

I need gaskets for the one I have been using and lines for the filter on the one I am setting up. Does anyone know a source for parts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom