buying a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawn

Contributor
Reaction score
This is new! I think that I would like a front diagonal zipper full body 7mm suit. Now, how do I find the right brand to fit my body?
Dawn

there are not many out there with frontal zippers Dawn, I think Scubapro and oceanic make one suit like that but not many dive shops carry them so trying one on might not be an option, ask your local dive shop about ordering one in your size to try on. That might be your best bet. Good Luck! Cher

Hi Dawn,

I checked out different manufactures websites, I got an Idea of features I wanted. Most of the sites had a dealer locater, So I was able to find the dealer nearest me. Then I went and looked, Asked questions, and tried them on.
I also talked to other divers and asked their opinions.

For my Diveskin, two brands seemed better than the others to me. I went with the one that fit the best.I also wanted a 3mm fullsuit. I was deciding between three different brands. again I went with what fit the best.

Bare makes a 5/3 fullsuit with the front zip. I don't remember if they have this style in thicker suits.check out

http://www.bare-wetsuits.com/bareshop/default2.asp

Good Luck, Tavi

Have you considered a rear zip? The only reason I ask is that they don't have to be hard to get into. The reason I'm asking is that I originally shied away from rear zips because I'm not a contortionist, and hated the cord flopping around. If you have a long enough cord on the zipper, you can still quite easily zip it up yourself, adn then tuck in the cord so that it doesn't go all over the place. A front zip doesn't have these problems, but as there are less of them, you won't have as much of a choice. Regardless of what you choose, definitely take the other's advice and try a rental if you can.

Ditto....

I was initially looking for a front zip, however after trying on my Mares suit was converted - very easy to get in and out of.

I have a front diagonal zipper wetsuit I had made by Liquid Fit. It is an awesome suit!! Custom made and didn't cost that much more than an off-the-rack suit. You can reach them at http://www.liquidfit.com/ Carolyn is wonderful and will work either directly with you or through your dive shop. Which ever you prefer. ages

Thanks for the replys. I ended up searching for another Dive Shop and tried on a Henderson Gold Core. It was great but a 3MM and I wanted a 7MM. I ended up ordering a Hyperstretch. It's great! It's a back zip but is soooo easy to get into! I couldn't dive the second day due to an ear infection and the dizzies but a young girl that was with us had a borrowed suit that was too small so I lent her my hyperstretch and it fit just fine. That's the best, it fits your body shape and I was able to buy a smaller size so that the body length fits good. I was impressed with the ease of the Henderson suits. Now if I can just clear up this ear. Dawn

Back
Top Bottom