buying Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
are these sites considered as official Apeks Dealers..

1 - http://aqualung.mwrc.net

2 - Free Shipping at the World's Largest Authorized Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment Retailer. Find Scuba Equipment, Dive Gear, and Scuba Accessories!

questions is, I live in the middel east, if i buy from any of these sites, would the warranty be valid with my local Aqua lung/apkes dealer? or do i have to buy from my local dealer to get the warranty and free part program?

different is about: $250 if i buy from online !!

Corleone,

the first is the Aqualung web store however it will not work with overseas orders. the Second is an Authorized dealer here in the United States. The Parts for life service is only offered in the United States and will not be honored in countries outside of the US. as far as warranties go you have a 2 yr warranty from date of purchase regardless of where you purchased it providing you have valid proof from an Authorized dealer.

Warranty Programs

this however is for US warranty you would need to check with the country you are in.
where in the Middle East are you located?

I live in UAE, Al Boom is the authorized dealer here, we have other authorozed dealers but Al Boom is the most active among them.

you see here XTX50 is sold for 3065AED which is equivalent to about $835.

whereas in Aqualung or Divers Direct websites, it is sold for $595 only.

thats easily $240 different. i could ship the regulator for about $30 to $40 max.

AL/Apeks have pretty strict rules for selling off shore i.e cannot/will not. I feel your pain, when I was looking to buy Apeks some years ago the price in NZ was almost double the price out of Europe I managed to get a set out of Spain just before they closed the flood gate. Now I buy in Europe and get it shipped to family in the UK and they forward it onto me.

I wish like Apple, if they are going to restrict out of country sales that they would/could do something about the huge variation in prices by their "authorized" dealers. I understand the desire to protect local dealers/distributes and I get that an individual country's tax will have an effect on pricing to varying degrees but in some cases the price can be as much as double out of Europe, come on.

Here in Japan Apeks is not common due to the ridiculous pricing. So the local dealer is protected but Apeks aren't making as many sales as they possibly could if the pricing was more reasonable. Sorry for the rant. Good luck.

thank you guys....Apeks made me feel like im doing a 007 operation or something... i have bought the regs about 4 days ago..now tracking the shipment.

regarding the parts for life program, i remember when i visited the local dealer and asked him about some apeks models and why they are way expensive his responde was " it comes with free part for life "

by the way, i live in a tax free country... but thank you buddhasummer

thank you guys....Apeks made me feel like im doing a 007 operation or something... i have bought the regs about 4 days ago..now tracking the shipment.

regarding the parts for life program, i remember when i visited the local dealer and asked him about some apeks models and why they are way expensive his responde was " it comes with free part for life "

by the way, i live in a tax free country... but thank you buddhasummer

I call BS on your local dealer. Glad you got your order sorted. Despite silly pricing etc they are great regs. I've been diving Apeks for some years with no complaints, very reliable.

i got the shipment yesterday, now regarding the warranty, i found that there is no prove of purchase except the order paper, now is that good enough ? cause there is no stams or any kind of signatures !!

or do i have to regester the regulators online for the warranty to be active?

aside from that, there is a lil cut in the mouthpiece of the Octopuse and the second stage has some marks, as if it was tapped for long time and then somebody has to remove the tapes, you know those kind of sticky marks...

but im happy... looking for a console with compase and tank presure only ... and maybe i will just go with tank pressure only..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom