BVI Tortola recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Bubble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm considering a BVI Tortola dive trip this summer. Any recommendations for hotel and dive operators would be appreciated!

Key factors, but not in order.

Awwwwway from cruise ship docks!
Sandy beach, close bar and dinning access.
Great reputation dive operation.
No cattle boats.
Nitrox.

Thanks!

Consider reposting the question under the "Lesser Antillies" where you are more likely to get some good responses and find some Tortola threads. Sorry I can't help you with shore-based diving recommendations, I'm always diving from a charter boat in BVI, only renting tanks from the local Ops. Nitrox is not common, but neither are cattle boats. BVI is consistanly good Carib diving with some nice wrecks, reefs, and pinnacles.

Hey there

You have a few options in relation to diving in the BVI.

If you are looking for hotel + sandy beach + dive op far from cruise ships, your best bet would be to look into hotels on Virgin Gorda or (less likely) Jost van Dyke or (if you have pots of money) Peter Island. There are hotels on Tortola which are located on sandy beaches, and there are hotels near dive shops, but to the very best of my knowledge there are no hotels which are both on sandy beaches and near dive shops (all the dive shops on Tortola are on the south side, and all the beaches are on the north side. Plus hotels on Tortola are just generally of a lower quality than on the outlying islands.

However, in my opinion the best way to see (and dive) the BVI is from a charter boat. Almost all of the dive operators will arrange to pick you up from your boat and drop you off after the dives. Plus the BVI is just much more pleasant visited by boat rather than by land.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more detailed questions. Also, I put together an article on diving in BVI for Wikitravel which may assist: Wikitravel: Scuba diving in the British Virgin Islands.

Good luck!

<deleted - double post>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom