C-5000 & PT-019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meca

Registered
Reaction score
Going diving first time saturday with new camera and housing. Any thoughts on dimming the view finder or leaving it off to save battery power? Olympus should have a mount on top of the case for a finder.

I don't bother on my 5050 ... just bring an extra set of fresh AAs and I'm good to go. I've had mine on for two 40-50 minute dives in a row continuous without any issues. 2100 mah energizers.

I generally leave mine on and I still get 2 full dives out of a fresh set of batteries. Sometimes if I know it will be while before I take another shot, I'll turn the monitor off, but I think it's more for my peace of mind that anything else!

i turn mine off between shots if i dont have a target in mind at the time.

The PT-019 is available in the US now. What is the opinion on bouyancy? This housing with the camera in salt water is slightly positive-which I like.

meca:
Going diving first time saturday with new camera and housing. Any thoughts on dimming the view finder or leaving it off to save battery power? Olympus should have a mount on top of the case for a finder.

How is the C5000 pictures coming? Do you have a website? Have downloaded any?

My batteries last me up to 4 dives and I have the screen on all the time during the dives, show the pictures around between dives and still have enough juice to DL the pictures when I get home. If you don't take a picture within a certain amount of time it will shut itself off anyway. But I must say I no longer use the batteries that came with the camera. I use the Panasonic 2100 NiMh rechargeables that you can get for $13 (when on sale) or $20 at Costco

hueyatl1:
How is the C5000 pictures coming? Do you have a website? Have downloaded any?

The camera works great for macro even up here in the northwest in dark-murky water. I leave the screen on but
set it to turn off in 30 sec. One item about this camera that
seems to rivial the C5050-C5060 is the shutter-lag...... It doesn't have any. Digital cameras might be more convenent-
but they are just a toy. If I want very nice pictures to hang on the wall ect. I drag out my Nikonos.

meca:
The camera works great for macro even up here in the northwest in dark-murky water. I leave the screen on but
set it to turn off in 30 sec. One item about this camera that
seems to rivial the C5050-C5060 is the shutter-lag...... It doesn't have any. Digital cameras might be more convenent-
but they are just a toy. If I want very nice pictures to hang on the wall ect. I drag out my Nikonos.

I've ordered a c5000z and PT 019 housing from www.bhphotovideo.com - seemed to be great value. Anyone out there know what the correct fibre optic link would be to match the PT 0190 housing up with the Inon d180 strobe? ALso the Olympus website reckons they are 67 mm lens threads. Is this correct? I'm just wondering what wide angle supplementary lens to order. Any one had any success with wide angle?

Cheers! Wiggsy.

Alan Wiggs:
I've ordered a c5000z and PT 019 housing from www.bhphotovideo.com - seemed to be great value. Anyone out there know what the correct fibre optic link would be to match the PT 0190 housing up with the Inon d180 strobe? ALso the Olympus website reckons they are 67 mm lens threads. Is this correct? I'm just wondering what wide angle supplementary lens to order. Any one had any success with wide angle?

When you order the D-180 strobe, you'll order the fiber optic cable kit that goes with it. AFAIK there's no other that will work with it.

IF the lens port of the PT-19 is 67mm, you have several choices for WA lens. Sea & Sea (which I use) and Inon are the most popular. The Olympus WA lenses have recently had lens coating problems.

I love a WA lens and use it at least 75% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom