C-5000 & PT-019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i wrote to www.uwpic.com to ask about the pt-019 housing and got the following reply:

There are both wide angle and macro lenses available for the PT-019 housing. These are made by a company called Epoque.

When buying this lenses you have to be aware that they come in two sizes (67mm and 46mm). The PT-019 housing has a 46mm filter thread so this is the size you need.

For more information visit the following page:

http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/d_stills/olympus/epok_lens.html

mannydib:
Olympus website doesnt state that it has a 67 mm port:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product_lobbypage.asp?l=1&p=16&bc=2&product=934&fl=5

does anyone know?
this looks like a great camera/housing combo if so

Whoa! Slow down here everybody. I have an Olmpus Pt19 housing and it is NOT 67 mm lens port. It is 47 mm - the literature is confusing and I've measured it myself. I'm about to order a 47 mm Epoque wide angle lens from Yuzo in Japan - does anybody have any other recommendations - most of the WA lenses come with alternative lens rings/adaptors in any case.

Cheers! Wiggsy.

Just letting you know it is actually a 46 mm lens thread I now have the camera and have checked - some of the literature reports ptherwise but he PT 19 housing that I habe is definitely 46 mm. I'm about to order an Epoque 46 mm wide angle lens from Yuzo in Japan. Any comments about this lens? I had some excellent results at Bokissa Island Vanuatu - They will appear in "sportdiving" magazine. Great have the option for mild telephoto down to macro without changing lenses! Found Macro very sharp - image quality is excellent. On;y problem was locking focus on blue water pelagics.

Cheers! Wiggsy.

All my UW photos are enhanced w/ Photoshop Elements. BTW, the internal flash will not work in super-macro mode.

DalTexDiver:
Great pic. Is that straight out of the camera or did you use software to enhance? Love the close up detail. Have not used mine in supermacro with the internal flash. Been using the Inon D180.

Just about to try out my new Epoque Wide angle lens in Palau. I was wondering whether to cheat a little, and set focus to Manual ...around 4 feet and hope that the amazing depth of field might do the rest. I was thinking this might by-pass the slight focus shutter delay and still yield good results. Has anyone tried that?

Cheers!

I am now the proud owner of an Epoque Wide angle lens for the PT 019 housing/c5000 combination and am very impressed with the quality of the product (though it is bigger and heavier than I had imagined). Question - will my Inon d180 do a fair/good job of covering the lens. SHould I try to add a diffuser or will I need a second strobe to cover the width of the lens?

Cheers! Alan Wiggs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom