Cabilao or Sogod Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some very good dive sites far away from Mactan eg. both Hilutungan and Nalusuan Island sanctuary. The problem is the unwillingness of the dive operator because of the distance and the experience of the diver.
Even the Tingo Point in Olango and Marigondon Cavern in Mactan are good. Depth is the main issue.

Over last several yrs Philippines have been infested with inexperienced divers mainly from commie china and Korea. And if you happened to choose one of those operator then good luck!

Thanks folks. It sounds like either location would be a good choice - we are definitely after a chilled out dive resort rather than a larger luxury hotel. I like the idea of S. Leyte but I think I will need to check with our liveaboard operator to see what time we will disembark and how early we can get to the ferries to see if the fast ferry in the morning is a possibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom