Calgarian suing diver training organization

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as in the dive instructor did not hire officially Sunshine, but rather someone claiming to be from Sunshine, met in the marina and went diving

i don't think any of the reports mention the dive site, but if it was local there were dive boats all over the place...one article mentioned she was found near a dive boat
from the mexican legal standpoint the shop is cleared of any wrongdoing, the instructor seems to be the one that blame is shifted to

and Sunshine doesn't even exist anymore, was sold around the time of the incident

as in the dive instructor did not hire officially Sunshine, but rather someone claiming to be from Sunshine, met in the marina and went diving

i don't think any of the reports mention the dive site, but if it was local there were dive boats all over the place...one article mentioned she was found near a dive boat
from the mexican legal standpoint the shop is cleared of any wrongdoing, the instructor seems to be the one that blame is shifted to

and Sunshine doesn't even exist anymore, was sold around the time of the incident

Nice to see the media did it's usual hack job reporting the facts.

I have a question. Why wouldn't the battery operated CO detectors for campers, house and vehicles not work? They are $12 at Home Depot and detect levels at least as low as 5 ppm. Are they not accurate enough?

Someone else may have answered (I didn't read the whole thread) But no they don't work for diving. They time weight average the results over several hours and the thresholds for alarming are set too high for diving purposes. E.g. they only alarm immediately if the concentration is >400ppm. They alarm after an hour at 75ppm etc. You should expect 0 in breathing gas. The reality of meters is that you might get a 1 or 2ppm occasionally just due to vaguaries of the sensor. Normal non-smoker exhalations are about 2-3 ppm. CO meters suitable for diving are electrochemical like in an O2 meter so its actually pretty hard to affirmatively report zero with this kind of cell. Do not trust your life to a $20 Home depot unit.

Would you lay out, with specificity but in whatever format you prefer, the changes/goals you'd like to make happen?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom