Cambodia - The new untouched dive destination!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something Different?

How's about diving with a conservation project.

You can dive your own schedule, the way you prefere to dive and with guides who are passionate about protecting the area. As they are based on the Island no early mornings if you dont want them and no 2hr ride there and back

see Marine Conservation Cambodia - HOME

In the past 6 months these guys have set up the first patrolled marine protected zones and are now working together with the relevant government departments to create larger MPA's

And as for the diving in Cambodia its awesome, just make sure you go to the places that are not on the usual dive site lists and get an experienced guide.

You can experience pretty much any sort of diving you want, coral reefs, muck sites, seagrass areas, boulders. The viz depending on the location can be anything from 0.1m to 50m.

Also the diving is all year round if you know where to go, and the best viz recorded in the last 3 years has been during rainy season.

just a note about Phu Quoc. Quite frankly the diving there is poor at its best, yes I know the south is better then the north. I worked there for five months and dove every site around the island and a a bunch that are not on the regular boat trips that I did of hired fishing boat, or we took the company boat when not busy.
On only one occasion in about 300 dives there did I see visibility more then 9 meters. Average was 4-6. Not a lot to see. except at the very south islands...that was ok sometimes. Folks this is defiantly not a diving destination, but to do a couple of dives while you are there, well why not ?
p.m. me if you would like more info

Simon good luck to you starting your "resort." The economy could be better so if you can get it going now, you'll be well positioned when the economy heats back up.

I haven't looked at your links yet, but perhaps you could post a few pictures here on SB of your bungalows and even some under water shots.

Perhaps I'll be in a position to dive with you one day soon.

Again, good luck to you.

Attachments

• IMG_3433.jpg
    IMG_3433.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 69
Achieved so far

We have managed to stop nearly all illegal fishing around the Koh Rong Island Group.

Seahorses are now upgraded by government sub decree from vunerable to endangered meaning it is now illegal to catch them.

Sub Decrees are in the process of being written for full MPA's around Cambodia's islands.

Local Communities are taking an interest in protection and want to learn more sustainable fishing techniques.

The Work continues.........

IMG_1513.jpg

Full Story Here

And Here

Wonderful work! Thanks for saving the seahorses!!!
Lots of sea urchins...

Mr Dream :wink:
Great work on the project
Good to see you here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom