Camera/housing for under $1000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m.wolf.rs

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, i am a newbie and i really need help on finding a HD camera and housing package for not more than 1000 US Dollar? i know that´s not much and it´ll be difficult to get one for that price...but really need one at the same time not enough money .( please help

The Canon HF-200 with the Canon WP-V1 housing is one option.

Limit to the housing is that it's only good to 130'. That won't be much of a limitation though since it'll likely be too dark at that depth anyway. Except maybe in Cayman or Cozumel.

B&H Photo/Video or Abe's of Maine sell the camera for $599. I've bought from B&H lots of times. Abe's has been around forever also. No tax/free shipping and you've got $2 left...lol.

Abe's has the housing for $399. Canon WP-V1 Waterproof Case for the Vixia HF200 & HF20

There's a thread about it here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-videography/274087-canon-wp-v1-housing.html

Last edited:
Does that come with a wide angle lens?
I don't know, I don't own one.

Starting at the top of p4 in the thread referenced above there's info on adding one - and a video on modding the housing for it in post #39.

Isn't that a USVH housing in your avatar? get an XR-500 instead...lol

That XR-500 reference is just mean, would love to do it.

Thanks for the link to the Canon thread, very informative. May be the option I go with if I don't hear from Warren.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom