Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may know a few of you if you came to ITK 2010 in Key Largo, FL.

hmm, i certainly was at ITK last year. but i don't know if we met. i did all my dives with silent world, except for one day on the spree. not going to make it to cozumel this time ...

No go on bringing a grill... :(

We will be down Saturday morning. SO no worries about a friday dinner.

No scheduled time at this point. I would like to be finished cooking around 8pm while we still have light.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your contribution to the weekend with this plan for Friday night. HOW does 5 PM to start cutting up the fixin's sound to everyone?

5 PM Friday

SWAMPERS,

I just went out and dove and took some video with less than 2 weeks to the Texas Swamp Divers weekend I was glad to see visibility improving to 10 feet from surface to 75 feet. Water Temperature was 68 degrees surface to 45 feet.

Check out the short video clip with the swamp discount for air below:

Remember you need your TSD card from Jennifer to get the discount on air fills at Windy Point.

Jeff will start the cooking FEAST at 5 PM Friday night. I will get in early on FRiday morning to get some area snagged for the group. And get morning dive in, of course.

After seeing the hundreds of divers camping at Windy Point this weekend, I may have to get in earlier on Friday morning. Let you all know closer to the 29th.

Hi Shawn, Driftwood, & Co.
Thanks for staying on top of the planning and for the video.. Wow! The viz and temps are really coming along. I'm not a cook and I'm sorry to say I no longer have a nice grill, but I'd be happy to donate $$ to the cause, or pick up food, etc.. Just let me know and I'll be on it.. Monica and I are really looking forward to it. I can be out there any time on Friday to help.

David

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your contribution to the weekend with this plan for Friday night. HOW does 5 PM to start cutting up the fixin's sound to everyone?

5 PM Friday

That is roughly when I was planning to arrive. Let's call it 6:30pm to be on the safe side. Should be enough time for everyone to eat before a night dive.

As it stands, we have 4 people to prep and cook. In10se has committed to bringing 10 dozen Taco Cabana tortillas :D. Austinspace will grill the onions and peppers :D. Cavemn will cut, bring avocados and salsa :D. Oldschool will help where it is needed the most. Of course, I am the grillmeister :shocked2:.

We need someone to commit to making a HEB run for plates, sour cream, shredded cheese, foil pans (3 or 4) for all the above, serving utensils, napkins, onions/peppers, and I am sure that there more things that don't come to mind right now.

In addition, the only thing on the menu right now is tacos. Plenty for me, but others may want some sides.

Finally, for those of us are not current with the local news, there was a BIG fire in the Oakhill area today. 40' flames, 50+ acres and several homes were burned. The weather forecast is for a dry week and I don't expect they will lift the burn ban by the 29th.

How do I go about getting my card?

Just show up and we will make sure you get one provided. They are basic and are nothing fancy for sure.

Jennifer or myself will be available to give them out during the event.

No problems.

Or I can just tell Sheri or Richard to give you the discount, they will honor any Texas SWamp diver for sure.

We need someone to commit to making a HEB run for plates, sour cream, shredded cheese, foil pans (3 or 4) for all the above, serving utensils, napkins, onions/peppers, and I am sure that there more things that don't come to mind right now.

I'd be happy to pick this stuff up. Any idea about quantities of each?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom