Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I planning on being there, but won't arrive until late Saturday morning. Sorry we will miss the Friday night festivities, sounds like fun.

If anyone else is musically inclined, I'll bring my guitar and maybe we can jam a bit on Saturday night.

Randy

Eh, that was kicked off on 2 Jan 2011 at the Shaker Plant & Oasis Wall! :mooner:

Cya this weekend! :coffee:

James,

To be more technically correct in my earlier statement that you pointed out with the smiley face (not). :rofl3:

For those diving friends in the swamp who do not own a drysuit or 7 mil and want to kick off the spring dive season with us all at Windy Point Park this weekend. We are starting the dive extravaganza on Friday morning at 10 AM. Water Temperature down to 80 feet is now around 70 degrees :D Yes 70 degree water (3 mil) can do

So come join us and GO DIVIN':D

James, glad to hear you will be in town for the show! When are you going to be heading out there?

James, glad to hear you will be in town for the show! When are you going to be heading out there?

Just Sunday...

Shawn, I think it may be a bit eh cooler than you think at depth...would hate to have people bring 3mm and be cold if they need a bit more!

ltts_profplot.ppm.gif

Last edited:
The water sure has warmed up over the last couple of weeks. Still a little chilly down deeper. But the shallows have warmed up nearly 10 degrees since we started planning this.

James,

To be more technically correct in my earlier statement that you pointed out with the smiley face (not). :rofl3:

For those diving friends in the swamp who do not own a drysuit or 7 mil and want to kick off the spring dive season with us all at Windy Point Park this weekend. We are starting the dive extravaganza on Friday morning at 10 AM. Water Temperature down to 80 feet is now around 70 degrees :D Yes 70 degree water (3 mil) can do

So come join us and GO DIVIN':D

We hit 54F@73' this last Saturday. What are you breathing down there Shawn :crafty:

There's definitely a thermocline around 42'. Anything above that is a 5 mil at best.

My wife and I planning on being there, but won't arrive until late Saturday morning. Sorry we will miss the Friday night festivities, sounds like fun.

If anyone else is musically inclined, I'll bring my guitar and maybe we can jam a bit on Saturday night.

Randy
We might be able to convince my daughter to provide vocals. Can't exactly bring her instrument though (keyboards).

We hit 54F@73' this last Saturday. What are you breathing down there Shawn :crafty:

There's definitely a thermocline around 42'. Anything above that is a 5 mil at best.

Yep. Well let the divers prepare for cold water and cold weather.

I can probably promise WIND. Does that help. :rofl3:

Work has gotten in the way of me arriving Friday morning at 10 AM. I have people flying in for a meeting at 10 AM now. Would everyone showing up please get the center area with picnic tables and trees to run lines to hang wet suits on and Jennifer should be by the park around Noon to hang up the TSD banner for everyone to see where we are located for the weekend.

I will try to be there as soon as I can, maybe even stop by Real early (7AM) to pitch my tent, but I have to be at a meeting downtown at 10 AM now until 2 PM. So much for a day off. I will get back out there in the afternoon for Jeff's grillin and swamper cookin.

More on camping conditions April 2011 for the kick off to the DIVE season and the SUMMER of 2011

Last edited:
Looks like I am out for Friday and Saturday , I might be able to come out Sunday morning.

I'll be there Friday (after 5pm) and Saturday and can help with the cooking, but won't be camping.

Is there anything I can bring for Friday or Saturday? Definitely, I'm bringing the most important stuff -- beer:)

See you.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom