Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm here. I'm here. I have the Swamp Diver flag and will be there with bells on and my new tent!
The Underwater Designer and her compadre will be camping cheerfully.

Zinc will be wearing gold tassels and you'll have on bells...
Together you 2 should be a heck of a Vegas style stage show :wink:

I haven't purchased a reg and BCD yet. Up until now my diving has consisted of vacations where I just rented. I've got my own Fins, mask, snorkel and a shorty. Should I plan on renting the rest of my gear or does the onsite fill station have gear for rent? Do I need to rent a tank before heading up there? Will my shorty be enough or do I need to rent a full wet suit as well? At first glance, this is going to be an expensive weekend with all the rental gear.

Has there been any thought of setting up a swap meet as well?

If you decide to rent locally, your best bet for rental gear will be with Scubaland on 620. Great people and quality gear. There is also Dive World on 620 but there have been posts that indicate there are some "issues" with their rental gear. Both shops are within 15 minutes (real traffic minutes) of Windy Point and for my money, go with Scubaland. There is a fill station at Windy Point but no tank rentals.

Your choice of wetsuit depends on how well you tolerate the cold. Personally, I would think a full suit is in order.

Regarding a swap meet, there hasn't been one in the past. I would post what you are looking for and see what the other Swampers have in their closets.

Who is showing up with me early FRIDAY morning 10 AM ish to set up the area and picnic tables?

Want to do starbucks again like last year?

I will probably show up on Friday, Shawn, so can help you out, and make a couple of dives.

Who is showing up with me early FRIDAY morning 10 AM ish to set up the area and picnic tables?

Want to do starbucks again like last year?
I'll be doing home brewed on the way across town so no Starbucks needed for me Shawn, but 10AM is doable.

Sounds like a good group to get a good size area for our swampers and families that will need room for all their gear.

See everyone who can make it at 10 AM and on throughout the weekend.

Jennifer is bringing the Texas Swamp Divers Flag and so we will fly it between the trees, with a Flag of Texas

Really looking forward to diving and visiting with everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom