Camping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iluvtheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anybody know of any RV campgrounds for a travel trailer by the beach on the east coast that has nice shore diving within a 3-4 hr drive of Ft Lauderdale/Miami..
preferrably scuba -- snorkeling as a last resort :wink:

This eventually means too for those divers i've actually met down here -- possible road trip :) it sleeps up to 5-7 including myself and not sure i'd want to share the bed unless it's with a female and then my wife would object to that unless it's her :)

thinking about a weekend trip sometime between october & xmas.

the megadive @ ginne springs this fall i can't make due to a prior engagement otherwise i'd take a day or 2 off and bring the camper.

Sebastian Inlet State Park is already under consideration.

There's a nice new RV Park in Key Largo. We were thinking it would be so nice to have our camper there, but the 17 hour drive kinda makes it less appealing :shocked2: You're close enough that it would be perfect for you. I can't remember the name of the park, but it's right by Mrs. Mac's Kitchen II...you could probably Google it if Key Largo interests you.

The state of Florida has some really nice campgrounds in the Keys. I don't think you can beach dive from many but you can snorkel from several. Of course, boat diving and dive shops are close to all the campgrounds.

Bahia Honda is a very nice park with some campsites just a few feet from the ocean: someone posted some snorkel videos last year and it looked decent. I've stayed here but never snorkeled it (used it as a base of operation for boat dives). John Pennekamp also has a campground and you can snorkel the lagoon: technically, you can dive it too. SB member Netdoc posted info on diving it last year though it did not sound very fun to me. Other nice parks include Long Key and Curry Hammock but the snorkeling is sparse (I've stayed at both but dove with dive operators).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom