can a al 80 be filled with out any warning stickers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We'll my son was removing the paint off one of our scuba tanks as the the tank was getting very beat up. Told him to be carefull about not removing the VIP sticker, which remained intact.

But he removed the other warning sticker on the Luxfer tank. Question now is can the tank still get filled (it's currenlty hydro'd and VIP'd)?

Can I get a replacement warning sticker?

As long as the tank is in hydro and viz, you should have no problems getting it filled.
Be careful how you repaint the tank though; heat curing paints tends to mess up the heat treating of the Al alloy which can lead to more excitement than desirable.... don't be surprised if the shop asks you about the new paint job.

That was the first sticker I removed on all my tanks. Not one of my tanks has a warning sticker.

I have two "stickers" on my tanks. The VIP, and usually a piece of tape showing the mix and mod, and date.

You'll be fine MC. As long as it's in hydro and VIP, it's all good.

Don't you have paint under the VIP sticker now?
I bought my son a pink 63 when he started diving. Removed the paint and left it that way. Did it just before hydro so I pulled all the labels off.

Luxfer tank stripping/painting instructions
Luxfer: Technical Bulletins: August 9, 2006

If you want to replace the stickers Luxfer will send them to you. The sticker used to have instructions for getting the replacement.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

When it's due for an updated VIP, we'll remove the other "old" VIP along with paint under it.

There will be no problem without this sticker... if there is, find a new LDS... None of my tanks have that sticker still on them. They have been filled all over the place with no issue.. I have a MOD label and a current vip sticker. That is all. Cylinders for 100% are labeled as such though.

Also, all my AL tanks are stripped. They look nicer and are actually more corrosion resistant that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom