Can a G16 fit in a G15 ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

note that ikelite has 2 different housings for the g16, wired ttl or optical. they are different sizes. the pictures above show a ttl g15 versus a optical g16. the optical housing is smaller.

Not that it matters to the OP but Ikelite only shows the TTL model for both G15 listings. I picked the non-TTL listing here but it still shows one.
Ikelite | Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G15

There also appears to be a control knob on the top of the G16 housing not present on the G15. The TTL's look identical? though from the front anyway.

Capture.JPG

Thanks to all that replied! I will wait until I find a good used g16 ttl housing instead of mucking around with the G15!

What's the reason you want to stick with Ikelite? I'm using Fantasea FG16 for my Canon G16 & it works fine. No leaks so far (fingers crossed).

Because I have a dyron 8mm circular wide angle lens from when I used a g12. It still suits the g16 ikelite housing and anything else with a 3.9 inch port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom